• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

This Caseback Tool any good

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Planning ahead for my Omega U-PO,

Anyone use one of these? Work ok for the caseback of the PO?

$7.99 plus $9 shipping.. (combined with some silicon grease and link removal tool)

tls-cwr-771.00.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
that looks nice. Is that findingking from Ebay? $7.99 sure seems like a good price. That tool looks very versatile... :) I have never used one like that mine is much cheaper. :cry:

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Yes, it's from findking on ebay. Any experience w/them?

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
I've got one of this from birdman, they're good for cases up to 42-44mm. they work fine. gotta be careful not to slip and scratch your caseback. :D

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
hmmm... got the U-PO 45mm

not sure if I want to waste the money if it wont fit. Yes,.. slipage is bad, wife slapped me for that before! :shock:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
daytona4me said:
Yes, it's from findking on ebay. Any experience w/them?

yes I purchased a box for parts and tools from them...they shipped promptly and were good to deal with... :) I recall they are in Arizona, I think.. :)

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
Hey daytona the caseback on the po is not 45mm. gimme a sec. I'll go check mine with this tool.

K, I'm back. It opens it just fine. Just make sure that the pins are snug against the case. :D

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
Anubis said:
Hey daytona the caseback on the po is not 45mm. gimme a sec. I'll go check mine with this tool.

K, I'm back. It opens it just fine. Just make sure that the pins are snug against the case. :D

I opened my PO w/ that same tool when i got it...

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Thanks,

Silly question but you never know, and I knew that someone had bought one of these and could tell me if it is a good buy and would do what I need it too.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
I have this from findingking... gave it to my roommate (when I had a roommate) as a gift and used it myself... gotta pick one up for myself...

if you use it correctly and patiently, it won't scratch your case.... patience with tightening and turning is the key....

I used it to open a 45mm PO... as well as Panerai, Breitling.....

Not a slick tool... but functional.... findingking is a good seller.... have bought also bought his multi-hand setter and that was a nice piece too...

evildee

13/9/06
I have one of those replicas and it's terrible. Even when you tighten it to the case back it comes loose and slips. That really turned me off from opening up my watches until I took a chance and bought a LG opener. This thing rocks! Never came loose and slip on me. It's also upgradeable.

CWR-600-00_l.jpg

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
evildee said:
I have one of those replicas and it's terrible. Even when you tighten it to the case back it comes loose and slips. That really turned me off from opening up my watches until I took a chance and bought a LG opener. This thing rocks! Never came loose and slip on me. It's also upgradeable.

CWR-600-00_l.jpg

If you dont mind sharing.. cost and who did you buy it from?

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Never mind,, they have one for $52. Looks nice!

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
if you're going to use it day in/ day out, get the nicer tool... but for just checking your watches, you can by on the cheap...

we need a tool buying guide!

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I was using a two prong adj. tool for my other reps but I let my friend borrow it and I have never seen it again. :(

brendonjohnliew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/07
This tool sucks dude!! i bought one recently, it has lots of various pins for different kinds of casebacks, but like someone here mentioned, it slips all the time. I managed to open my Sub caseback with it, but not after scratching it big time! My new Sub now looks like a Vintage cos of all the scratches, lol! THere's another kind of rubber caseback opener which just locks on securely and twists and doesn't do damage to your caseback at all.

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
YUP..... tools keep sliping and my PO case back get plenty of scratch... :( :( :( :( :( :(
Better invest in something better... to bad i donno any good tools. maybe ofrei has it ??? I read there before there is special tools for the omega itself that they sell.

Dan

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Thanks for all the input guys. :)