• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

thinking of getting the aqua terra...

lexxdiamondz

2/8/06
im thinking about getting asian copy for $60...i was wondering what movement the gen has and how accurate it is,as far as movement and looks...
dealer quote:"It is made with stainless steel, asian 17j automatic movement. ANd the ize is 40mm x 47mm x 11mm, with mineral crystal."

Veratio

13/3/07
My girlfriend wears one of those, but an original. Hers is 39.2 mm, but who would notice. I belive the replica of this watch is very good, can not find any big flaws with it. The only downside according to me is that it is ladies sized... :lol:

Take care,

Niclas from Sweden

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I thought about getting that one as well but the silver dial version. The problem I had with this one was that I wanted to order it in quartz movement and the dealer couldn't provide me with it if it wasn't asian auto. So onto it being an automatic well the gen has a clear caseback with a nickel movement inside and the omega logos in gold. I have seen nice reps of that with the standard gold ETA movement, looks VERY ugly imo even if you are taking the back off a rolex rep case, but at least those aren't suppose to have transparent cases so it helps to not see it :) But it sure is out of place when the watch was suppose to have a clear case. The gen quartz model of this watch has a solid stainless steel caseback.

Anyway it's a nice watch for just wearing around, most people don't even know much about an omega. I'd think you would be more interested in the planet ocean man..those are like in the $90 range I guess. Unless you get an ETA of course, i've seen the price skyrocket towards $300 on those, I think it's fallen to around $220 by now. Might even get less expensive around the holidays?

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
lexxdiamondz said:
is the movement bph going to look good or slow like a p.o.s?

It's going to be fine for $60... Common, if you want perfect watch, look for better quality or gen.

What can you expect for $60 ? (don't forget the dealer make money on that, making the watch probably worth the same as the cheapest Timex your Walmart have..)

lexxdiamondz

2/8/06
yeah but even for $60 you dont want a movement with roach on a treadmill making the second hand look all shaky.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
the asian 21j is 6 BPH. swiss is 8. You'll notice a difference, but i doubt most would. for 60, i would question the bracelet quality - you dont want it flimsy.