• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Mighty SMP Chronograph

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Another pic I shot today. Enjoy.

3.jpg

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
I am not an Omega man but this one sure looks nice....Mmm...Maybe I shall get one.

Thanks for sharing....

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
Love this picture.
maybe I should wear it today... :D

Thanks for sharing!

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
I have the non Chrono SMP but this one looks very attracitve every time I see it.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Thanks guys. Yep, the SMP Chrono is definitely a keeper for me. Great rep, great wrist presence. Maybe my all-time favourite chrono...

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
Agree with you BT. The SMP Chrono get more love day by day.... I just can't stop looking at all the fine details on it's dial.

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Nice shot By-tor, one of my favourite watches for sure

Unfortunately I dropped mine last week, now the chrono doesnt work, I wont wear it again like that so I'll try and sell it with the broken chrono and get a new one. after I get my Big Bang.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Fabulous pic...again :)

I was wearing mine today - like you, i'll never sell it. Unless I was to replace it with a gen.

gasdoc

Certified
26/11/06
any thoughts on this one

I love the SMP chrono, and I am about to "pull the trigger" so to speak, but has anyone seen the rep of the black face/black bezel with sword hands? I can't decide which I like more.
1. Is there anyone who owned/owns/seen both models that can compare them?
2. Are there any major flaws with the black model.
3. Do either the blue or black model come with AR?
4. Are the bracelets interchangable with the non-chrono SMP?
5. Anyone got one they want to sell? :)

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?m ... 3a3bd28f36

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
I share the love of this watch as well and agree with all sentiments expressed.

The photo doesn't quite show how thick it is. Makes for a great wrist presence.

There is something special about it that makes me like it even more as time passes. Maybe it is all the little details on the watch.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Thanks guys.

I never reviewed this watch alone. But I made a comparative review (against TAG Link Chrono) of the SMP chrono a
year ago. I just added this photo to that review. Check it out (if you originally missed it). For some reason it was
never as popular as some other writeups I've done.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11130

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Yup! This watch is Mighty Indeed~! :twisted:

Picture005.jpg

Picture.jpg

subzero1

24/11/06
If you've not seen this watch with AR, well you just haven't lived. Before:

177645-2.jpg

After:

new001-1.jpg

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
This is another cornerstone for any collection. I just picked another one up from TWP.

The sub-dials, and hands, glitter in the light when the light hits them just right. The Bezel was aligned :shock: ... just an awsome watch.

I have to thank By-Tor, and his review.....I bought a cheapy,(That I still wear), then a more expensive one.......much more BEEFY. a CLASSIC!!!! :)

I would post pics.....but I take lousy pictures.....the pics above are much better than mine!!! :lol:

copperma05

Horology Curious
9/1/07
That SS bracelet looks real nice on your SMP By-Tor, is it the original (rep) one? Or a genuine replacement, if you get my meaning.

Edd

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
copperma05 said:
That SS bracelet looks real nice on your SMP By-Tor, is it the original (rep) one? Or a genuine replacement, if you get my meaning.

Edd

Sorry for the late reply Edd.

No, the bracelet is the original rep bracelet. ;)

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
Nice!! I love that chrono. My wishlist for Omega is to produce a black wavy dial version with the same movement.

Krieg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/06
It's an excellent watch. I've always had in my wishlist

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
I just managed to source a gen omega caliber 1164 movement.

I am looking for the rep SMP chrono now to build it in, a gen dial would be nice to have too

Any tips on where to get the best repplica SMP chrono? Or are they all the same?

Thanks