• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The lock on the Seamaster type bracelet...

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
I have this bracelet mechanism with the diver's extension in three Omegas now. The first two, a Speedmaster moonwatch (well..without the extension) and a 4th gen PO are great, I can hear and feel easily that click when it locks. Not so on my newest aquisition, an electric blue Seamaster. I can't feel it locking and I just barely hear it. Sometimes I don't even have to use the buttons at the side to open the lock afterwards, I just look at it :) . Is there anything I can do about this, or is that a replacement I see in my near future?

manydivers

Known Member
16/8/06
Hi,

Have you got the divers extension correctly seated behind its bar ?
What you describe will happen if it is in front of its bar.

/mds.

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
It probably wasn't when I posted the question, but it is now. It's still easy to open without using the buttons. Most of the time it won't open while I wear it, but if I shake it just a little bit, it does.

ruck13180

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/06
Same Problem

I also have this problem on the new PO I ordered. Today is the first day I have had the watch. If I slightly bump the bottom (not the buttons) one side comes unlocked. Is there anyway to tighted the bars that lock that bar into place? Would this be something a local mall watch stand or watchsmith could fix. I would hate to send a great watch back because of this.

Thanks,

Nathan

manydivers

Known Member
16/8/06
The lock consists of two L shaped bars with the buttons on the end.
The bars are overlapped such that when you press the buttons they move apart.

The assumption then is they are too far apart, so taking the L shaped
bar with the button on the right, use a small screwdriver in the hole
placed to the left of the bar to bend it inwards, repeat for other side.

If it doesn't work, contact your supplier, and try and return only the clasp.

/mds.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I don't care the rep clasp either, so if you got a bad one and can't repair it I would suggest getting a gen clasp you can pick one up for about $100 from oferi.

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
But the watch itself is worth as much as that clasp :) Anyway, for the time being I've replaced the bracelet with the one that comes with the 4th gen PO (I'm using a strap on the PO permanently). It's a bit different than it would with the SMP bracelet, but I like it, actually. If I replace, I'll probably just get the SMP bracelet from Trusty.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I was assuming you bought the ETA PO in which case the $100 clasp would be a good choice.

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
The bracelet from the ETA PO is the one that I used to replace the original off a $108 electric blue SMP. If it was the PO that I had a problem with I'd have been more inclined to go for the more expensive replacement :) As it is now, nobody even sees the bracelet as they're blinded by the dial :)