• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The first an my last order - bad experiences with Trustytime

Francis B.

Looking Around
24/9/23
Based on the good reviews here on the forum, I ordered a Planet Ocean Ceramic SS/SS Black Asian 2836 from Trustytime. The watch is still listed as immediately deliverable on the homepage.

I enquired about the availability of the watch on 5 October and received an immediate reply. I paid for the watch with WU on 6 October, but did not receive a confirmation until 15 October.

Then nothing happened. Andrew responded immediately to my emails and wrote back, but he hardly answered any of my questions or gave any further details about the ordering process. During this time, Andrew did not write a single email to keep me up to date.

On 5 January 2024, exactly 3 months after placing the order, I wrote to him . Again, I received no answer to my questions or about the delivery time. At least he offered me a refund. After I accepted this, the invoice amount was refunded to me. Of course, I have to pay the fees for the money transfer myself.

After I informed him that I was posting my experience here in the forum, he at least apologised, but that doesn't help me any more now. In conclusion, I can only say that I am very dissatisfied with Trustytime's service and will never order from them again.

Reactions: calamityjane

Sig9

Certified
2/1/23
Germany
You have to ask for availability before you order - do your homework…

Reactions: sjvir

Stretch242

Supporter
24/12/14
UK
Oh No Reaction GIF

fanooch

Looking Around
4/12/23
You have to ask for availability before you order - do your homework…
I enquired about the availability of the watch on 5 October and received an immediate reply. I paid for the watch with WU on 6 October, but did not receive a confirmation until 15 October.

Blackieray

Flâneur
Supporter
Certified
11/12/21
Near the Atlantic
That is an unfortunate event. It is especially painful if it's your first foray. I think it's safe to say, this is an exception and not a rule. That Andrew went the distance to make it right hopefully gives you assurance that this is an anomaly. These guys are not vending machines or Amazon. Shit will go sideways from time to time. Good luck with your next purchase.

Wookie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
Maryland
My thoughts......

I have ordered over 15 watches from Trusty Time with Andrew and all have gone great, not perfect but great. Andrew can only give you the information that is available to him. If the factory isn't telling him anything he's not going to reach with nothing to update you on. This is the black-market for the best replicas you can buy. If you expect an amazon experience you will be disappointed every time. My two cents is that writing a review about a TD who has serviced thousands of watches for members and remains in good standing in this forum is a pretty bold step for your first purchase experience. This is a job that feeds this mans family. it's also a job that can get him arrested in China which I'm pretty sure we all wouldn't want. Again, this is only my opinion and it comes from the MANY lessons I've learned being a member of this forum. I wish you better luck with your next purchase and hope you enjoy this hobby as much as most here do.

Francis B.

Looking Around
24/9/23
My thoughts......

I have ordered over 15 watches from Trusty Time with Andrew and all have gone great, not perfect but great. Andrew can only give you the information that is available to him. If the factory isn't telling him anything he's not going to reach with nothing to update you on. This is the black-market for the best replicas you can buy. If you expect an amazon experience you will be disappointed every time. My two cents is that writing a review about a TD who has serviced thousands of watches for members and remains in good standing in this forum is a pretty bold step for your first purchase experience. This is a job that feeds this mans family. it's also a job that can get him arrested in China which I'm pretty sure we all wouldn't want. Again, this is only my opinion and it comes from the MANY lessons I've learned being a member of this forum. I wish you better luck with your next purchase and hope you enjoy this hobby as much as most here do.
Of course, I do not expect Amazon treatment. I also don't want to question his reputation. This is just my experience of the order and I think I can post it even if it is the first one. I would have expected a little more support. If Andrew was unable to deliver the watch, a message would have sufficed and we would of course have found a solution

Schweizer

Horology Curious
22/1/23
Switzerland
Dear Francis,
I am sorry to hear about your expirience. The waiting time is not funny at all. But at least you got your money back. And Andrew apologized. So I think he did allright at last. Don´t be too sad about the fees, it´s not worth it.
Maybe try your luck another time? At least now you know that Andrew is honest and he gave your money back after all.

Cricket13

Horology Curious
14/2/24
Hmm...Thank yoou Francis for postingh this. We all need to be aware of as many good and not so good transactions as possible. So we may make sound decisions after researching the backgrounds of TD's. I appreciate fully your post. Thank you.