• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

That Quartz Omega Chrono

Veratio

13/3/07
offered by Time4Direct. 99 usd excl. shipping. Anyone with insight in the Omegas that can do a comparison with the real deal, picturewise? I think it looks great for the money, and I have a friend that wants one. This would be a great birthdaygift!

Take care,

Niclas from Sweden

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Sorry, don't know much about the gen and can't do a comparison but I do have the quartz chrono. Nice "3" and excellent subdial spacing as compared to the automatic version which is really horrible in that remark. BUT it IS a quartz! No sweeping second hand, although it is so small that you really won't notice unless you look closely. But I know that some people simply cannot bear wearing an "automatic with ticking second hand", and I certainly can appreciate that. I bought it for sports but it's so heavy I really need one on each wrist in order not to get a hernia. Ok, exaggerating a bit there, but I like the quality in the one I've got. It is REALLY heavy and solid, both case and bracelet. (Shortening the bracelet can be a pain in the but by the way.) Hey, $99 is peanuts in the long run - pull the trigger! It is heavy and/but wears really nicely. Or if the ticking hand is a problem, buy the non-chrono with a 21J movement. Good deal on that one too. I've got the one with the orange markers (numerals) and orange bezel but I think I would choose another colour if I had the choice...

Xplodr

If you live in the south of Sweden come have a look at it... :)

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
I think this is a great deal! I would be less bothered about the Quartz ticking than I would be about the 7750's subdial spacing. I sold my
7750 PO Chrono (hardly worn) because of that very issue (and the incorrect orange rings/black bezel combo). Plus the Miyota quartz movt will probably outlast the watch case and strap!
S5001984.jpg

So... I've got a quartz one from Narikaa, and its a nice watch. Not exactly the same spec as T4D's though.
SANY0414.jpg

feel free to have a look at it if you're evr in the north of England! :lol:

Give a it a proper AR from the modders, and you've got a convincing PO Chrono from a few feet away! :D

I feel like pulling the trigger on T4D's 45mm Pumpkin now!! Dammit! Why did I look at this post?! :lol:

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Importr said:
I feel like pulling the trigger on T4D's 45mm Pumpkin now!! Dammit! Why did I look at this post?! :lol:

Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger! Pull the trigger!

PULL THE TRIGGER! (You never regret what you do, only what you don't!) :D

I'm actually thinking about going for T4D's Quartz Hublot "Big Bang Black Ice" (?) and the quartz Porsche flat 6 (@ $129 and $119, respectively) just to get a feel of how they are on your wrist. If they feel ok, then I go for the Gens of course!

Xplodr

Veratio

13/3/07
Thanks for the replies. I am mulling it over... ;)

Take care,

Niclas from Sweden