• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THANKS PUGZ

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
For sending me this Bruce Lee flick. EXCELLENT quality!

I've already transferred it to the ipod, and plays great. THANK U THANK U THANK U!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
crumpdaddy said:
I've already transferred it to the ipod, and plays great. THANK U THANK U THANK U!
It plays on the iPod? Coo, that's what I get for using super-compliant MPEG4-AVC. :D

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
The neat thing about Bruce Lee flicks is that Bruce was the real deal. I appreciate them more now then when they first came out!!!!!

Higgy 8)

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
wha t movie
i wanna get a good collection hi s movies but everytime igoto bestbuy, theres all these wierd as tiltles with his look alikes, not sure what is really his

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
vdubpower said:
wha t movie
i wanna get a good collection hi s movies but everytime igoto bestbuy, theres all these wierd as tiltles with his look alikes, not sure what is really his
There are only 4.5 Bruce Lee movies and of those, there are only 3 good ones. The unfortunate thing is that the US uses different titles for them than the rest of the world. Game Of Death, the one I ripped for El Crumpo isn't one of the good ones, funnily enough. It's the 0.5

The list of Bruce Lee films with the titles I know:
Big Boss
Fist of Fury
Way of the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
Game of Death

Of those, he doesn't fight until the end of the first one and in the last one, he died half-way through making it.

Now, the problem with the US titles is that Big Boss is called Fists of Fury in the US. Avoid that one if you want a good one.

In the US, Fist of Fury (note, singular fist) is called The Chinese Connection, and this film is definitely worth getting. Try spotting Jackie Chan as a stunt man/extra.

Next, Way of the Dragon, (sometimes called return or revenge of the dragon in the US) is an amazing film that introduces a new fighty actor to the world: a certain Chuck Norris. Superb finale with Chuck and Bruce in the colloseum.

Then, the uniersally known Enter The Dragon. You've seen this one. It's excellent, even if the producers try to use it as a vehicle to push some US talent. Spot a young Sammo Hung very near the beginning. Buy this one? You probably already have it. Have some tea, Mr. Braithwaite?

Finally, Game of Death. Bruce Lee died during the making of this and the use of doubles to finish the 'acting' scenes, and the poor editing made this a worthless legacy. Released three years after his death, it did better than it should. Recently, however, it has been re-released with all the fight scenes Bruce Lee did that were, inexplicably, removed from the release version re-inserted. Finally, the Dan Inosanto fight is back. This was the version Los Crumperino got off me.

So, in the US, you want "Chinese Connection", "Way of the Dragon" and "Enter the Dragon".

Oh, I quite like Kung Fu movies, in case you hadn't guessed by now.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
Those are all great films. It is to bad that both him and his son had limited careers. It would have been nice to see them in a film together. Favorite movie of his, FIST OF FURY.

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
game of death has jabar in it right, thats a good one.
i have enter, thats classic