• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Terms (please read before contacting me)

52degrees

Vendor (Watch Repair UK)
Vendor (Watch Repair)
8/3/20
UK
Please can you read and understand the following terms before sending me your watch, it will make everyones life a bit easier. Thanks.
  1. The price I quote by email is an estimate. If the watch is in good condition this will remain the same, however there is no way to be certain other than when the watch is stripped down. I will replace some parts up to a small amount, if not then I will send another quote with the cost of parts on.
  2. Included in full service is a strip down of the movement, replace worn parts, clean, re build, oiling and regulation. Every rep I have seen, if it hasn’t been worked on before has needed this.
  3. The majority of the time the reps I have worked on have been ok and run to a reasonable standard after servicing. Very occasionally however they just wont run to an acceptable standard, if this is the case I will work with you to find a solution. Possibly a movement exchange etc but this will of course need to be paid for.
  4. With regards to regulation, I will do my best. Don’t expect miracles. Reps are not manufactured anywhere near the same tolerances as their gen counterparts so don’t expect the same. That said I would think that most can run somewhere between -10 to +20 after servicing.
  5. Similar to above, date change time. Ill aim within 10 minutes either side of midnight.
  6. Water proof testing. I am able to check water resistance, however this will be at an extra cost on top of the service. In honesty I just wouldn’t advise swimming with a rep. Its just not worth the risk. Even if I test a rep and it passes, there is no guarantee. The risk is just too high for me to cover. Water can destroy the whole watch, as before, it just isn’t worth the risk.
  7. I will cover the watch with a 3 month warranty as standard. However if it has real issues that I am unable to resolve fully, I may be unable to offer any warranty at all. I will advise if this is the case. I expect this to be on rare occasions. I cant cover postage costs, even on warranty work.
Please read and understand the above points. Just remember reps are manufactured to lower standards than their gen counterparts, that’s just a fact. They are also a lot more difficult to work on. Be reasonable with expectations and know that I will always try my best with your watches. Thanks!

*** WORKLOAD UPDATES ***

4/9/2020 - I have gotten exceptionally busy the last few weeks. current service queue around 6 weeks. If it continues like it is, I may look to put a hold on taking anymore rep work to get on top of things.

23/9/2020 - Currently not accepting work. I expect this to last for at least 2 weeks from the date of writing - Im too overloaded with work.

11/10 - Accepting work again, at least for the moment. I will shut it down again if it gets too ridiculous

15/10 - No longer accepting work again! Sorry to have to do this so soon again, but things really are crazy at the moment. I now expect this to be the case for 1 month.

8/11 - Accepting work for the time being. Wait time will be a little while, but not excessive.

4/12 - Not accepting work. Im way too busy again. I expect this to be the case well into next year

Last edited:

Fearon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/15
Evening

I have a Rolex 116655 rep, that date wheel won't move anymore, is this something you can rectify, Watch is only 2 years old, light use, It has the SA3135 movement.

Thanks

T

Pitbossjoe

Horology Curious
15/2/21
Have you got space to take an omega seamaster planet ocean 7750 with starting issues? Cheers.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

52degrees

Vendor (Watch Repair UK)
Vendor (Watch Repair)
8/3/20
UK
Have you got space to take an omega seamaster planet ocean 7750 with starting issues? Cheers.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Email is the best way to contact me please. Thanks

wwwillowww

Horology Curious
13/7/19
i have a few REPs, one i need urgently fixing ( PCG 5513, needs new glass plexi, and sealed etc.)

Placo

Looking Around
25/8/22
looking to service two pandas clean factory new want them waterpoofing and clean up.

you taking work on?

3500CD

Horology Curious
16/8/21
Hi I have a Rolex Daytona purchased from Jtime last year. I believe it is an EWF version.
Watch was running fine but the hour hand is now out of sync.
Would you be willing to look at it please?

S33mar

Horology Curious
12/4/14
Hi I have a couple of watches that require work. Are you available or too busy?

wwwillowww

Horology Curious
13/7/19
hi hope i have got in touch with you the right way. Complex system here. i have a PCG gilt 5513 subno date, brought on here and DOMIhas done work on it, but unable to take orders from UK now. I am in Lake District UK. Can you fit and repair/ re seal watch for me, needs a new dome glass.

tradingforeal

Horology Curious
10/3/23
Switzerland
Hi, let me explain briefly
I bought a 116758saru on rwi, with glass spheres dial date movement gen
Gold stamped case
Synthetic diamonds
The problem is that they printed the case badly,all the engravings are done badly, could you give me a hand to reprint it or someone who does this work? Thank you

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Hi, let me explain briefly
I bought a 116758saru on rwi, with glass spheres dial date movement gen
Gold stamped case
Synthetic diamonds
The problem is that they printed the case badly,all the engravings are done badly, could you give me a hand to reprint it or someone who does this work? Thank you
How many times are you going to post the same thing ?