• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Terms of service

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
Please read the below carefully and understand that we’re working with replica watches, built on a budget and under poor working conditions, therefore expectations need to be managed before our collaboration.

I treat all watches with the same respect and care, regardless of the state they come in or their value (a £100 watch can mean more to someone than a genuine watch), but the risk remains the same, as working with replica time pieces is more difficult and a gamble every time one gets opened up, therefore I am not responsible for damage that might occur due to poor built quality, but will work with you on a solution.

Please find below some of the common trends I’ve encountered and the slight risks associated with the disassembly of a replica watch:
  • Cap jewel springs are made of brittle material and might break on removal/install
  • Seconds hand collet glued or forced on, leading to a broken hand tube or pinion on removal
  • Movement stops once bridge screws are correctly torqued (factories will leave screws un-screwed or areas without oil to obtain better amplitude)
  • General poor manufacturing of parts, especially keyless works
The given price for the work is an estimate. If I find any damaged/broken parts, these will need to be replaced/repaired. Before committing to anything, I will get in touch to discuss the next steps. I only stock a limited number of parts which get used quickly therefore ordering items and lead times will be communicated. Parts are sourced from Cousins UK and other UK based watchmaking distributors. Parts for the new 3235 clones need to be imported from China, therefore wait times are longer.

If after a service and correct oiling, your watch runs with a lower amplitude than before - unfortunately this can happen as factories under/over oil movement or use a number of techniques to make them look good on paper. If the movement runs out of spec with risks of stopping or very poor timekeeping, a movement swap is advised. The new movement needs to be paid by the owner but the movement swap will be free.

The 6 month warranty covers labor cost only. It does not cover damage due to improper use, failed parts, modifications, unauthorised repairs, water damage, other external causes or slight time loss/gain. The warranty does not cover movement swaps unless the new movement has been serviced by me. Warranty starts once a watch is shipped back. If a warranty claim is made, the customer is expected to cover shipping both ways.

Movement regulation is done within +/- 10 sec/day.

Date change will be within +/- 10 minutes of midnight.

The wet water pressure test is conducted in a controlled environment; real world usage can impact the validity of the test, i.e. incorrectly screwed in crown or failing gaskets, therefore no warranty will be offered on this service. As these are replica watches, use in water is done at the owner’s risk.

Any movements replaced will be added to my spare parts for future use, unless a return is requested beforehand.

I am not responsible for damage or loss during shipping but will support with any investigations or repair if needed.

I try not to charge 'inspection fees' but if work has been done on a watch and the owner has decided to go a different route, a small fee will be charged.

Last edited: