• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Terms and Conditions in the Backwoods

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
If I agree to undertake work, we will agree to a price up front. Prices are posted in my section, however, those are a guide. Do to the nature of what I do... they can vary. For example, A brand new straight from Noob factory sub bracelet, is MUCH easier to rebrush and polish than one that is a couple of years old, and has been involved in a motorcycle accident. While the bracelet and the "job" are the same... the price to refinish the two will be totally different. I may ask for you to send me pics of any damage prior to providing an estimate.

Once I give a price... it will not change. Even if it takes longer than what I originally thought.

How I work:
Basically, we agree on a price upfront. Then you ship me the watch, bracelet or whatever. Once the work is finished, I will provide QC pics. Once you accept, I will send you a PP invoice for the work agreed to, plus return shipping. This is for your protection as well, and will provide documentation of the work completed.

Watches and Parts MUST be sent with a piece of paper enclosed with the following information:
Your name
Return shipping address
RWI username
Paypal Email address
work requested

I have had members purchase items on M2M and have the seller ship them directly to me. Please communicate this to any sellers should you decide to do this. Watches and parts that are not accompanied with the info requested, will go into my parts bin, or my own collection! Actually, probably not... but if I need to spend time tracking down who's bacelet was in the box, I will add $20 to the bill.

If Sh** happens:
What I do generally involves power tools running at a high rate of speed with various levels of abrasives and or compounds. It is extremely rare... but in the event I nick something and can't fix it myself, I will replace the part.

For example:
I agree to grind the case back engravings off of a Breitling steelfish (why... no idea, but stay with me). I decide to undertake the rough grinding on my belt grinder, I am busy making stuff disappear, when my dog barks, the cat jumps on my back, I get distracted and your piece catches on the belt and shatters against the wall... it no longer functions, and even if it could, I can't find all of the parts. In this instance, I will replace the watch, or purchase the pile of parts from you at the going rate (not of the pile of parts, but a similar watch on M2M)

QC PICS:
QC is there for a reason. I use a 10x macro. I am not a pro photographer, but I do the best I can. Please review the pics carefully. If you want to see different angles or different lighting, please ask. I will fix anything you want addressed in the pics. In the event that we both miss something, and there is something you are not happy about when you receive it in person, I will still fix it or address it, but you must pay shipping.

Paint Mods:
I guarantee them for a year. I use an enamel that I bake onto the ceramic. It is very very durable, and waterproof. It is actually quite difficult to get it off with acetone even once it is fully cured. If anything happens to it inside of a year, send it back with a return shipping label and I will either fix it or redo it free of charge.

A note on Paint mods....
It is not a gen finish. I do try and get it as close to gen as I can. I have spent many weeks finding the right paint, mixing colors and working through the process. I will try and get the finish as smooth and as gen like as I can. My paint mod should pass the 5 foot test. However, it is important for realistic expectations here. If you want a 100% gen like finish, please buy a gen insert! My mod will get your insert looking good, and legible in low light. It will be good enough to fool 99% of the people you meet.