• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TD for Quartz Speedmaster?

flayra

Horology Curious
16/6/11
I just got mine from Toro. I don't think it's the same as the one from WatchEden. "Professional" is spelled correctly on the clasp and the subdials are different. The watch is great, not sure how to get the main second hand to start and stop though. Anyone know if the bracelet resizing method is the same as for the gen?

Edit: N/m, had to push extra hard to get the tach buttons to work. Thankfully the bracelet type is split pin so no annoying collars

mrs1986

13/3/12
I just got mine from Toro. I don't think it's the same as the one from WatchEden. "Professional" is spelled correctly on the clasp and the subdials are different. The watch is great, not sure how to get the main second hand to start and stop though. Anyone know if the bracelet resizing method is the same as for the gen?

Edit: N/m, had to push extra hard to get the tach buttons to work. Thankfully the bracelet type is split pin so no annoying collars

Great you got your watch!! Would you mind to post some pics of it?? I WANT a SpeedMaster, is my favourite watch!

flayra

Horology Curious
16/6/11
Don't have a real camera, phone pics:

S9yjk.jpg

27AFT.jpg

GijP0.jpg

jiuAE.jpg

nsp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/09
I got mine from Watcheden last year, very happy with it, the numbers on the subdials are accurate to the gen unlike on the Toro version. Nice raised crystal and all the spelling correct as well.

DrStrangelove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/12
That watch looks great! I'm curious, are there any TD's that sell a mechanical version with all the functions working? Or do they not bother with a mechanical version because there is no exhibition display back?

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
The pics of the Watcheden version on RWG are from 2009. I you order that one now, it doesn't look like that...

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Toro's version looks a lot like the one I got from WE earlier in the year. It lasted about 3 days. Funnily enough I didn't mind the fact that it was quartz, but the 3 O'Clock subdial is fantasy, all of the subdials aren't recessed and it's about 1-2mm too small.

The fact that there aren't any convincing reps is a mixed blessing - if you own the gen it makes it easy to spot the reps. Unlike POs and Subs!!!

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
The subdials on the version in the pics are wrong. The numbering is incorrect.

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
I got mine from Watcheden last year, very happy with it, the numbers on the subdials are accurate to the gen unlike on the Toro version. Nice raised crystal and all the spelling correct as well.

This is what turned me off from buying one:sinking:

Hazel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/12
I will never get it why they mess around with the sub-dial labeling... :frusty:

Btw, i just asked myself, is there a possibility to modify the tick marks?