• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC movement help

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
I took a part my TC v6 to repair my dial. When taking it out, I noticed two washers that fell from somewhere.

Additionally, now my date doesn't fully switch each day. Any suggestions or fixes you could reccomend?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
those washers look really tiny

does the date flip OK with the dial off ?

Reactions: Thecloudhopper

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
date flipped ok prior to removing movement and when the movement was out. Once back in, when it flips, it gets stuck about half way and I have to manually adjust it

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Look at the retaining ring by the 6:00 place. It looks like you might be missing your screw and washer from that. I see an empty hole. It's been a number of years since I've had a TC but I'm pretty sure they used more than one retaining screw on the spacer and that screw will probably fit along with the washer. This is my best guess looking at it

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
date flipped ok prior to removing movement and when the movement was out. Once back in, when it flips, it gets stuck about half way and I have to manually adjust it
ok but does it flip ok now with out the dial (do you have a blob of glue on the back of the dial rubbing the DWO now ?

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
Look at the retaining ring by the 6:00 place. It looks like you might be missing your screw and washer from that. I see an empty hole. It's been a number of years since I've had a TC but I'm pretty sure they used more than one retaining screw on the spacer and that screw will probably fit along with the washer. This is my best guess looking at it
Initially there was only one screw. I have since added two.

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
ok but does it flip ok now with out the dial (do you have a blob of glue on the back of the dial rubbing the DWO now ?
I'll pull the movement out again and inspect. For the time being, I don't have all the correct tools to remove the hands and dial. I think I will unscrew the crown for now to stop the movement until I get the right tools. Thanks for the info

Reactions: Raddave

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
ok ....how did you do it before ?

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
Actually I didn't take off the dial. I took the whole lot out of the case and was able to just position the marker over the hole and it snapped back in. Possibly I pushed the dial down too hard?? Now I'm noticing the date didn't change at all last night. Planning to remove the movement from the case later today and maybe lift the dial slightly?

Reactions: Raddave

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
you didnt bend the dial i hope

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
How did you reapply the indice that fell off?

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
After further examination, it appears the "washers" are coming out from an opening under the date wheel window

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
random question. what's the material of your gloves?
i use finger cots but I feel unconfortable and loose flexibility of fingers