• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16610 mod questions

himtfuji

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
I had a few questions about this 16610 that I bought from tasty treats that I was hoping could be answered by someone who encountered something similar in the past.
-can the rehaut be shaved to look less woky yet keep the engravings? Or would that create a gap between the rehaut and the second markers?
-how would I replace the 12 marker since it seems a bit small and is the only one that doesn't glow. I know tc talks about swapping the good indices for the bad ones but he doesn't really explain how. Do I glue the new one on or use double sided tape?

9677743457_503beedf6f_b_d.jpg

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
oh and would this case accept a Gen bezel retaining ring?
9677708253_9b709920ec_b_d.jpg

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
sorry its hard to see the wok shaped rehaut without the insert, but if you search tasty treats thread in the sale section, he has some nice pics of it. (btw, I noticed the wok and bought it anyway because of the engravings being aligned perfectly unlike a noobmariner).
9677910893_a1cceca95f_b_d.jpg

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
You can't shave the Renault without removing the engraving. Also if you shave it to remove the wokk, you risk having the dial not fit. You can pop off the markers using an exacto knife from the front or the proper way is to push it out from the 2 holes on the back and use rubber cement to reattach it. It might just be easier to buy a new dial from TC or pm a TD. Good luck!

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
The bezel is not gen construction and would not accept a gen bezel.

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
thanks, so it wouldn't be worth it to maybe make a couple light passes around the bottom edge of the rehaut to maybe look a bit less conical? For sure I don't want to shave the rehaut because the top of the rehaut is already pushed out to the edge of the crystal. I think, since I can see the reflection of the second markers on the saphire edge.

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
although he's been very polite and acted professional everytime we exchanged emails I'm pretty sure tc hates my guts. I break every rule in his term and condition everytime I talk to him.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
thanks, so it wouldn't be worth it to maybe make a couple light passes around the bottom edge of the rehaut to maybe look a bit less conical? For sure I don't want to shave the rehaut because the top of the rehaut is already pushed out to the edge of the crystal. I think, since I can see the reflection of the second markers on the saphire edge.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you talking about the removing it from the bottom side? Where the dial meets the renault? Or from the side walls where its engraved?

If you shave the underside you open a can of worms with the hands hitting the crystal and crown and stem hight.

If you just shave the bottom of the renault (below the engraving) it will not have the right angle I.e. a 45 to a 90 degree. Also you may expose a gap between the minute printing and the renault.

It's a good watch the way it is...or buy a TC and it solves all of your issues.

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
does anyone know the current turn around time to get a tc? I almost killed myself from the anticipation the last time I had one on order.

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rolex-submariner-16610lv-152543?t=152543

here is the original for sale thread with pics of the watch with the insert on to show the wok in full effect. What I want to do is shave the lower half of the rehaut slightly so the wok shape is less noticeable.

and I know the Gen bezel wouldn't fit as is, I wanted to know if the Gen retaining ring that goes under the bezel and spring washer that holds the click spring would fit.