• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Professional 1000 (I think)

robmpulse

6/1/07
I came across a watch and need help identifying if it is gen or not. It's what I believe to be a Tag Professional 1000. The model number is 980.020B. It's a SS/Gold two tone with a black face and bezel.

I am working on getting pics of it. In the meantime, I was only able to find one pic of one online.

477_004-660x526.jpg

and I also found an all SS one, too....

tagheuer1000black.jpg

I have no idea if these are gens or not in the pics above. all I could find online. It seems this watch dates back to the 80's and 90's.

One thing I noticed is that while mine is the black TT it does not have "1000" on the face. It just says "professional" with "200 meters" below it like the all SS one pictured above.

If anyone can guide me in the right direction on some info that would be awesome.

Thanks!

I will post pics later today......

One quick question though..... Should the gold on this watch be solid? Or should it be plated even as a GEN? I know Tag's are usually a lot cheaper than Rolex's, so my thought process is that they don't use solid gold in their watches. Or even this one, maybe???

robmpulse

6/1/07
no other sources anyone knows of? I have been lazy and have not gotten pics yet..... sorry...

but still looking for more info!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Chacked this out. The model number you are referring to is the SS model. I am doubting that this is a gen. The Tag 1000 series used a rounded Crown Bottle stem. That one is too sqaure.

robmpulse

6/1/07
that is not my watch pictured above, those are the only pics i could find....

so model number 980.020B is ss?

robmpulse

6/1/07
WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT INFORMATION? I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE ON THE NET.

THANKS...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
A master book. I do mods and I am an Omega, Rolex and now a breitling freak. I have manuals that list all the models, their numbers and release history. You can buy them.