• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 36 RS (info request)

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
I'm not much of a tag heuer expert. I've been attracted to the calibre 36 RS for a while now and thinking of getting a 7750 version on it. I've tried searching for more info about the 7750 rep but it doesnt seem like a lot of people have it.

So for those who have a Calibre 36 could you please share your experience?

What are the usual concerns about this rep? Is it a pretty good rep?
Will it fit well on a relatively small wrist?

-I noticed is that the sec "hand" on the rep has a white background, and the gen has a black background.
-The inner bezel is also different from the gen (bezel is not RS version)

Here's a link to the watch:

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/176843783

tag-heuer-grand-carrera-cal-36-rs-caliper-concept-chronograph.jpg

tag-heure-launches-grand-carrera-chronograph-10829_1.jpg

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
If you use the inner rotating bezel "caliper scale" it will scratch the edge of the dial, this happens on gens to... I have about 18 cm wrists and i think it fits really good the few times I tried it at the AD. But of course I like quite big watches. And besides that the movement is complete different from the gen it's a good rep.

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
Thanks for the info, i never knew the inner bezel scratched the edge of the dial

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
Ive been eyeing one of these off-and-on for a long time, either quartz or if the reviews seem good enough I might spring for the 7750. Any rep owners that can chime in?

Z3k0

Renowned Member
2/1/07
Croatia
I have one of these, in SS, not PVD version. Watch is real stunner in person, I never liked it on pictures, but once I saw it "live" I knew I have to get it :)
I think there are two 7750 based versions, but most of the "big" dealers offer better one. Inferior version has wrong font on chrono minutes dial, and much thicker mid-case, and usually low-beat movement.
Here are few pics I have:

_MG_2276.jpg

_MG_2283.jpg

regards

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
I've seen people moan about the sunken datewheel, but not sure if this is really an issue.

Z3k0

Renowned Member
2/1/07
Croatia
I've seen people moan about the sunken datewheel, but not sure if this is really an issue.

Yes, it has sunken date wheel, but good thing is that gen also has sunken date wheel - gen DW is a little bit less sunken, but that is something you can't tell unless you have gen and rep side by side.

regards

grego2330

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/12
this it the watch i am about to order with the bracelet strap. i am set on ordering it from pure time

adubitzky

Horology Curious
24/10/12
Beautiful pics Z3KO, did you take them?

I ordered this rep today from Marvelous. My first Rep, very excited to see what arrives. I'll post pics. Mine's coming with rubber strap + steel strap. Hope it fits my 7inch wrist!

zorbass

Known Member
27/8/12
Beautiful pics Z3KO, did you take them?

I ordered this rep today from Marvelous. My first Rep, very excited to see what arrives. I'll post pics. Mine's coming with rubber strap + steel strap. Hope it fits my 7inch wrist!

rep is great, I have it in black d quartz movement.
Please when you have it ...... Photos Photos.
to see how it is Marvelous.

adubitzky

Horology Curious
24/10/12
watch arrived today and it's beautiful. Feels great on the wrist and it's a treat to look at. 2ith all the intricacies of this watch it's amazing they've created such a rep.

Very happy with the purchase of my first rep.

If you're thinking of this watch, go for it.

Will post pics this week.

grego2330

4/10/12
I have ordered this watch from puretime and have recieved the QA pictures.

What you think anything you can spot, to me it looks spot on.

REPLY ASAP IF ANYTHING :)

img0089cl.jpg

img0088ra.jpg

img0090qt.jpg

img0091ij.jpg

img0092yp.jpg

img0093na.jpg

img0093na.jpg

img0179nc.jpg

Devas

23/11/12
rep is great, I have it in black d quartz movement.
Please when you have it ...... Photos Photos.
to see how it is Marvelous.

Where did you order yours? and can you post pics?

kamran185

Looking Around
27/11/14
Hi. I'm new here, but looking for these watches. Who is Marvelous and how can I order from him?

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified

BnvS

Horology Curious
21/9/14
Hmm i may be new here so correct me if i am wrong but I dont think you can post QC pics on here can u?

Fuselman

Horology Curious
18/2/16
TAG Heuer Cal 36

Well look on the site fro Intime. They have te perfect rep, Compared with the original foto on the Tag Heuer site you can't see any differences. The back shows a different movement but that is obvious.