• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Heuer Carrera calibre 16 day/date white dial

frank_t86

Horology Curious
15/8/12
Hey guys,

I'm really in love with the Tag Heuer Carrera calibre 16 day/date with white dial.

I'm looking to buy one and i would like to know what are the common flaws of the rep to look at and if it's possible to have pictures of the watch of some one who bought it from one of the trusted dealer.

Many thanks

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
Hi Frank,

There are potentially a few flaws on the carrera. The most obvious is the blue screws in the movement which you can see through the clear caseback, these can be easily swapped with Gen ETA 7750 screws.

The next would be the TAG Heuer logo. Sometime the "G" in the logo is missing the little arrows on the end. I bought one of the none day carreras from Trevor which has the arrows and a pretty good replication of the dial, but the day dates often miss this as far as I'm aware.

The next two issues are less obvious, but definately there. The day/datewheel font is wrong, very wrong at that, but this can again be easily swapped for a gen ETA datewheel from ebay for around £12 each. The biggest killer of all if you are really anal, and I am is the geneve stripes on the rotor. On the rep they have an even number of stripes, but the gen they have an odd number.

Have a look of Trevors site what I mean about the stripes on the rotor compared to the gen.

http://www.trwatch.com/product_info.php?cPath=49&products_id=530

http://www.ablogtoread.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/TAG-HEUER-CARRERA-RING-MASTER-back.jpg

When I get time I will do a proper reveiw of the Carrera Cal 16 and highlight these flaws, but to be honest it is very close our of the box and by swapping the day/datewheels and the screws you can easily have a very high quality rep.

HTH

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Some very informative infer there Chaw, very much appreciated my friend :)

mafuta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/12
Just search for 7750 ETA datewheel? or a TAG Heuer ETA daydatewheel or what should I look for?

Mike1212

21/7/12
Thanks Chew how much should I expect to pay to have a watch smith swap the screws and day/date wheels?

As for the logo anyone know where I can buy a replacement with the arrows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Tag parts are very hard to get hold of, so unless a dial comes up on ebay, its slim. I have a guy who sold me a set of hands from singapore and claims to be able to get anything, but when I asked him to get me something else he went silent.

I have an original tag 16 movement (7750) with tag white day and date wheel, waiting to go into a day date watch/ I just cant make my mind up whether to go for the black or brown dial.

You wont find an example of the day date with correct tag logo as far as I know. black is deemed best model. BUt I kinda like the brown. Although I maybe being swayed by the fact I have the original brown carrera strap and clasp also waiting to go on it.

Mike1212

21/7/12
Would it not be possible to acquire a new badge and have it retro fitted?

How much did you pay for your movement?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

infamouzice

Horology Curious
9/12/12
I just got mine from Trustytimes(yes I know hes not a TD), can I go to any watchsmith and ask them to swap out the blue screws for silver?