• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Heuer Carrera CAL1887 Chrono Black Dial Gen VS Rep (KW/V6F) (Note: Pics Heavy!)

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
I doubt there is comparison on this model. I think this model is a beautiful chrono. I took some effort to search around in chinese as I'm interested what I can "fish" out and found this but as usual do not mind the watermarks (I find it irritating sometimes but better than nothing and it is not mine, maybe the author is trying to promote his business or what or even use others pictures, so I wouldn't trust the watermark but I trust the pics). It is so close to gen to be honest, except for some minor flaws like subdial spacing, subdial texture, "automatic" red printing, some engraving and of course the open case back (but of course it is still nice...) I have to say I'm impressed with it. Any opinions are welcome~ Cheers! :)

pics are compiled in album here: http://imgur.com/a/IeBEH

Some sneak peeks:
PrdB7C0.jpg

AY2pW51.jpg

9Cogago.png

nvicjVl.png

vNm8EID.png

SEbFoOc.png

CWY6r0Z.png

NDbSTRO.jpg

GTvq1Vi.jpg

PTja4f4.png

Gyod3O4.jpg

3WD70oK.png

2V2AXTc.png

V2j63ax.png

KW2e7hM.jpg

3b4iLTu.jpg

jbYCdvo.jpg

MoD2Franken

Renowned Member
Certified
27/1/11
Germany
Thank you very much for the effort to work out this awesome comparion :_o_:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

pjanet

Horology Curious
23/10/16
Hmmm you asked good question.
Outside of the watch is great but what with inside.
If movement 7750 is similar to gen. What if it broke. Can I replace movement using my local watchmaker or I need to send it back where I bought.

Wys?ane z iPhone za pomoc? Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hmmm you asked good question.
Outside of the watch is great but what with inside.
If movement 7750 is similar to gen. What if it broke. Can I replace movement using my local watchmaker or I need to send it back where I bought.

Wys?ane z iPhone za pomoc? Tapatalk

The7750 is swappable with the ETA. The only thing that is not a direct swap is the seconds chronograph hand. I did this swap in my Skyland Avenger. It is not a cheap swap, but a option if you are looking at a service. Excellent review! How if the feel of the two? Any significant difference? The subdial at 6 and 12 appears that the concentric circles are not as defined in the pictures. How is this is person? Thank you for the great review!

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
My suggestion is don't wait if you really want this model because I doubt there will be changes made anytime soon or ever (afaik only more different dial colors are out lol)

argus019

Horology Curious
30/9/15
So, took the plunge and ordered the same rep from InTime (I trust Ryan). The QC pictures are awaited.

Will you folks be able to help me with some pointers on what to look for?

Also, what's the issue with 7750? Should I cancel the order and buy a different watch?

pjanet

Horology Curious
23/10/16
7750 is not a gen movement. It depends on what you will get.
It might work for few years if you will proper service or it might stop after few weeks.

Good luck