• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TAG Carrera Calibre 16 DayDate has the updated logo now

labac

Horology Curious
2/12/08
Maybe the logo is correct now. But the factories have changed AR on the daydate. In my opinion It looks milky...where is the blue hue the daylight has got before? Also the original daydate has the blue AR.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

hazeyPO

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/12/13
Sorry to revive oldish thread but s3g0y did you recieve both of your tag's? got any pics? I'm thinking of pulling trigger to have as my daily beater to save my superocean 44.

Thinking of the greay dial and liking the rubber so guess that has to be the monaco version?

silver_alpha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/15
In the gen, are the red markers on the chrono buttons at the side painted? Same goes with the crown. In the gen, is the black band paint too?

Spark2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/14
I like this watch as well. I have one on order - should be here this week:nailbiting:. The thing that bothers me most about this rep is that the red on the seconds hand is not as bright and more importantly is not painted far enough down the hand. This is a gen:
seconds_zpsmmommjix.jpg

Here is what I have seen on all of the considerable number of reps that I have looked at:
Seconds_Rep_2_zpslwcpxza1.jpg

It is a little hard to see in these shots (top of a gen and bottom a rep), but the red on the gen's seconds hand comes all the way down to the inside of the chrono minute's ring. In all of the reps I have seen, it comes down only to the top of the circle. Do not confuse this with the red painted on the chrono's minute hand which extends down about the correct length (just to the base of the numbers as can be seen above).

The problem with this tell is that one does not need another watch next to it to spot. I realize that the blackness of the dial and the AR on the crystal are fairly significant differences, but they are a bit of a judgement call. Some one could think that it is just the lighting or room color that is making it look not quite right. But, the length of the red on the big seconds had is obvious if you know where to look because there is a landmark right under it to compare to - does the red stop at the top of the chrono minute's ring or the bottom?

Even with this flaw, I think that this is a great looking rep. I will be asking for help later about getting better AR on it once I have had it for a while, but I think that is all I will do to it.