• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[TAG Aquaracer Chronograph Day-Date Asian 7750]: How to find the latest version??

Kandiman

Horology Curious
10/9/12
Hi, This is my first post and I honestly have tried searching for the answer (and also used the CHAT feature to ask) before posting this question. Hopefully you'll go easy on me.

I'm looking to buy a watch, a TAG but initially I didn't know which one. Having a read through posts and 'stickys' I came across "By-Tor's Guide to best TAG Heuer replicas" and in it I saw a TAG Aquaracer Chronograph Day-Date Asian 7750. I have a few questions (hopefully simple) which you may be able to help me with:

- I understand that different versions of the same watch come out. How and where are these listed?
- Does a Asian and a Swiss have the same movement, or is one noticeably different?

I have other silly questions which I've deleted for now, but may add to this chain later if I have no luck.

...oh one more thing, are all the TD's on this site active, as I dont see too much activity for some, yet there are still on the TD list?

Thanks for reading and sorry if I asked something silly which I shouldnt have done. I know some forums proper hate n00b's but I'm hoping Im asking sensible questions here...??

cheers
Kandiman

TomasDrogas

I buy watches and I know things
8/4/15
EU
Hi Kandiman,

When a rep is updated it usually comes with its version number to let you know before buying it (being old versions cheaper than newer ones). As far as I know, the gen Day-Date Aquaracer from TAGHeuer is discontinued and rep for that model was released only once.

I know Toro has it on his catalog (I havent checked other TDs) I would contact him unless you already have any other preferred TD you'd like to ask about this particular model.

Cheers!

TomasDrogas

I buy watches and I know things
8/4/15
EU
BTW, TAGHeuer's Calibre 16 is an ETA 7750, you have a whole section in the forum about this movement with a lot of lecture:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/250-The-7750-7753

You can also find several discussions about swiss vs asian on the Internet, but I would keep this advise as the best someone can give about a rep:

Jkay in RWG forum said:
As-delivered in a replica watch, you have no guarantee at all that either a Swiss or Asian is clean or oiled. They are probably dirty and dry no matter which you buy.

People who buy Swiss or Asian 775x movements in replica watches are strongly urged to service them as soon as possible, and then after that you can probably relax for 3 to 5 years until it's time to service again.