• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

swiss vs japan

kendog870

30/6/09
Is it really worth paying the difference for a swiss quartz over a japan quartz? Im sure the quality of the watch (case, band ect.) is the same. but really..... how much better can one quartz be over another?

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
Probably not better, but you do get to call it "SWISS" with a swiss movement.

I have some Panerai Chronos (Ferrari) which are Japanese quartz. They work fine.

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Simple answer would be NO. Qaurtz is qaurtz at the end of the day.

If pushed, I'd go with Roger.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Simple answer would be NO. Qaurtz is qaurtz at the end of the day.

If pushed, I'd go with Roger.

Roger has a quartz? Damn, I need a Roger quartz in my next rep!

Do any reps actually HAVE a Swiss quartz?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Given a choice, I would prefer an ETA quartz movement over a Japanese movement, and a Japanese movement over the Ronda movement.

trandy16

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/08
I have two Seiko chronographs that are quartz.

I use them to set the time on my other watches. ;)

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Japanese quartz movt are extremely accurate and reliable .... I prefer not to pay the premium for a Swiss quartz movt in a rep ...

kendog870

30/6/09
I dont think i would pay the difference for a "swiss" quartz..... But i would to get a nice Roger quartz! :)

tigerwoods

I'm Pretty Popular
14/1/11
The Milkyway
Anything Jap is going to be extremely reliable, i have japanese friends and they are sooo picky its unbelievable. Everything has to work as it should and if it don't they want an explanation as to why, because to be honest its alien for them as everything there is as it should be!

Just on that basis alone i would go for the Jap movement of course. I know the swiss are similar but they tech come from japan nowadays. Everything Jap is far above the rest in this current digital age for me..

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Anything Jap is going to be extremely reliable, i have japanese friends and they are ...

As I was reading this I just KNEW it was going to say 'and they are always on time!'

:biglaugh: true story!