• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swiss replacement for Seiko caliber 7S26

budda-smoke

Known Member
27/3/06
Does anyone know of a swiss replacement for the sieko caliber 7S26 movement? This movement is a day date with 3 subdial layout and is used in cheap IWC pilot chrono (non functional) watches. I believe EL has a new functional chrono rose gold version available. I would like to just buy a replacement movement for the watches i already have versus buying the new version from eddie. Any thoughts?

Panama

10/9/06
Why do you want to replace the good and reliable 7S26 movement, is it broken? :roll:
If not, I`d sugest to save the money for another watch instead of replacing a non accurate movement... :wink:

Cheers
Panama

VirginiaWatchFan

Known Member
21/8/06
That Seiko movement is a wonderfully robust, amazingly accurate movement. There is no reason to switch it to a Swiss movement, unless of course there's some malfunction, which happens to all movements.... yes, even Swiss.

md2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/7/12
i thought about the same thing. Its a great but the second hand has such a jerking tick, would love to see it smoother.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
So, it's not an issue with the performance as much as the beat rate. Budda-Smoke is looking for a high-beat replacement.