• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SWISS or CLONE ETA 2836-2 ???

sge1991

27/7/12
Hey Guys,
I sold these movements to [MENTION=36488]sinsir[/MENTION] recently. Both are supposed to be GEN ETA but neither the buyer nor I can verify that this is the truth. I bought them as gen ETAs but the buyer claimed that these might be asian ones. Before selling them, I asked [MENTION=61105]zocker4711[/MENTION] if these are gen ETA ones and he said yes. Can you verify that?

Now, we hope that you, our great community, can enlighten us.
Of course, I will send the buyer his money back if these are asian ones! :)

mtHJhrEl.jpg

EfEapHml.jpg

se3fn1Fl.jpg

4G1WvXEl.jpg

bOH4CYUl.jpg

c0D4PEel.jpg

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
If zocker4711 said they were gen eta, what is prompting to question them still? He is one of our resident expert watchsmiths.

sge1991

27/7/12
If zocker4711 said they were gen eta, what is prompting to question them still? He is one of our resident expert watchsmiths.

Maybe because of the fact that the buyer asked for a second opinion and I'd like to offer him that opportunity?

However, feel free to express your opinion on the question asked.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Maybe because of the fact that the buyer asked for a second opinion and I'd like to offer him that opportunity?

However, feel free to express your opinion on the question asked.
Do you have any close up pics? From what I can see it looks like the swiss ETA. I have both in my watches, and it looks like the ETA, however, it is hard to tell from the pictures.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
[MENTION=9883]KBH[/MENTION] @ Raddave These boys will know, but I think they are going to need bigger pics.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Those are both gen ETAs

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I think they are both gen ETA's, but older models from looking at the regulator and the jewel keeper. That Incabloc keeper isn't used much, if at all, on clones. Mostly you see them only on older ETA movements from around the 70's or on top grade ETA's on newer models.

sge1991

27/7/12
Hey guys!

Thank you all for your fast and detailed answers! :)

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
Hello All,

I took them to my watchsmith of 25 years yesterday, and they are indeed confirmed GEN ETA!!!! I can't say enough great things about [MENTION=48825]sge1991[/MENTION]! I'm also happy to say the one we thought was DOA, is in fact alive and ticking! Thank you all and most importantly one of the best sellers I've come across on this board! sge1991 is tops!

Projects here we come!!!!! Thank you all!
[MENTION=9883]KBH[/MENTION] I think you may be on to something on older models, but I am not an expert, but the board is! Either way, they are Gen ETA, a solid transaction, and the board came together to confirm.

Again, I can't thank you all enough and most importantly [MENTION=48825]sge1991[/MENTION] ! I would have posted the confirmation yesterday, but slammed with work and we all know how that goes... We have to pay for the hobby somehow.

sge1991

27/7/12
Thank you very much for your kind words. For me it's natural to support my buyers and help them wherever and whenever I can!! :)

Enjoy your movements!

Hello All,

I took them to my watchsmith of 25 years yesterday, and they are indeed confirmed GEN ETA!!!! I can't say enough great things about @sge1991! I'm also happy to say the one we thought was DOA, is in fact alive and ticking! Thank you all and most importantly one of the best sellers I've come across on this board! sge1991 is tops!

Projects here we come!!!!! Thank you all!
@KBH I think you may be on to something on older models, but I am not an expert, but the board is! Either way, they are Gen ETA, a solid transaction, and the board came together to confirm.

Again, I can't thank you all enough and most importantly @sge1991 ! I would have posted the confirmation yesterday, but slammed with work and we all know how that goes... We have to pay for the hobby somehow.

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
This thread warms my heart. Also those are gen eta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, and I can't wait for them to warm my wrist once installed!

I have a modded BPSD in the works, Gen insert, TC dial (maybe gen), TC bracelet, TC hands, gen crown, wp, and of course a Gen ETA 2836!

If that doesn't warm your wrist and my heart I don't know what could?