• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swiss or asian for UPO 45mm daily beater

tokeyx

27/3/11
I'm going to be ordering a 45mm UPO from Agnus today and plan on using the watch as a daily beater for at least the next year. I already own 3 rubber bracelet watches so i'm going to get this one on a steel band. I'm debating on the movement. Typically I just blindly buy the most expensive options available, but in this case is it worth it? Is the swiss movement going to be better and more accurate vs. the asian one for a watch that I plan on wearing at least 4 days a week? Will it hold up better over time?

Thanks!

RaymanS41

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/10
You need to do a little more research on here and read up a little more.

But the quick answer is Clone.

Or you could try your luck and go for the Swiss.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
What dalers claim as Swiss is more often than not either Asian, or poorly remanufactured old Swiss. Best to go with Asian. Same sweep, reliability, ect an cheaper.

SwissOmega

19/5/10
What dalers claim as Swiss is more often than not either Asian, or poorly remanufactured old Swiss. Best to go with Asian. Same sweep, reliability, ect an cheaper.

Agreed, save your money get the Asian, it is reliable and you know you are getting what you pay for.

Unless it is a selita there is a ~90% chance the swiss is a clone.

tokeyx

27/3/11
Thanks guys, appreciate the responses. Will get the clone. Have spent at least 20 hours on here over the last week trying to learn everything there is to know, but there is an overload of information available :)

edit: order placed. Will post the QC pics as soon as I get them. Still not 100% sure what I should be looking for on them.

tokeyx

27/3/11
Looks like that clone movement is a pretty reliable one from the 5 hours of reading I've done since posting :) Should I get it serviced right away before wearing since I plan to wear it almost every day? Sounds it is a GREAT watch to get for daily wear plans. I'm sort of realizing now that the non-chrono's are the best way to go with the Reps you want to work and last a long time. No point in paying $400 for a rep and having it break in a month. Speaking of that...

I also bought a Dewitt Academia that runs on a 7750 28.8k. I'm really sweating that thing. I'm a little paranoid it's going to break in 3 months after reading all about the 7750. Guess the best thing to do on that one is to send it away, pay the $200 service and enjoy it when it gets back.