• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swiss ETA Seamaster bracelet vs. Asian Seamaster bracelet

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Has anyone compared the bracelets on the Swiss and Asian Seamaster reps side-by-side?

Do they use the same bracelet? Are they interchangeable? Is the quality the same?

I'm in need of a bracelet for my "closed factory" version. I'm wondering if it would make more sense to just buy an Asian rep and swap the bracelets?

Anyone know?

ken1

18/3/07
nope, doesn't work, tried, you're better off getting a bracelet with screws. not that many people have closed factory smps in thhe first place, and almost none have just the bracelet. i thought with your SMP came with a bracelet. thats what i read in the sales ad at TRC anyway.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Hi Ken. It did come with a bacelet, but it's in very bad shape. Lots of scratches, and it's clearly been polished several times already. It no longer has any brushed finish at all. I'm sure it could be saved with some effort, but the problem is that it's way too short. It's probably only good for a 6" wrist (mine is 7.6"). Perhaps if I could find another bracelet with screws (like some of the Asian reps still have), I could take a few links off the them and try to save the original bracelet?

Do you know if the links are compatible?

ken1

18/3/07
hmm, don't know, maybe the holes are bigger for the screws?

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
My mistake. I meant to say: "Perhaps if I could find one of the Asian bracelets with PINS..." (like what WBK gets)

Do you know of those links are compatible?

ken1 said:
hmm, don't know, maybe the holes are bigger for the screws?

hendrixelixir

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/07
The Asian bracelets are definitely lower quality than the swiss ETA bracelets. Asian one is more rigid and less comfortable--the Swiss one contours to my wrist better. (maybe it's just these particular examples)