• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

swiss eta or asia eta?

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
the question is simple!swiss eta or asia eta?and if we pay swiss eta is true?original?thanks

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
We have a tendency to over expect all Swiss >>>

Movements to be excellent, every time...
This now famous Rolex "pan" by Walt Odets tells volumes!!:
http://www.timezone.com/library/horologium/horologium631675591245315012
The Swiss build some great movements, and they also build some low priced marginal stuff....
As do the Chinese....
The really big difference is the production costs.
ETA(Swatch!!) builds 2824's and 2836's to several finish grades, and having owned a whole bunch of them over the past few decades, I can truly say, I'd rather have a Seagull ST-25, than a low end ETA on my wrist!!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
asian eta for me,less money for a close to swiss movement and you know what you are getting... if you want a swiss get it after or if your asian dies...

LP640

18/1/09
Personally I think both movement are the same. Both 25j and both have 28.8k bpm and who know's if the "Swiss" movement are actually swiss movement, remember the watches are coming from places who put "Swiss Made" on their watches produced who knows where.... I'd say get Asian Movement ! If it brakes send it back for service