• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swiss 2826 vs ETA 2824 for 45.5mm PO

calbears03

Known Member
12/1/07
Hey Guys/Gals

I am looking for a 45.5mm PO from a dealer thats not part of the cartel. I was wondering how close the watch was to the "ultimate". The dealer respondered wtih this (see line below) saying it was a swiss movement

"Yes, this is with genuine swiss 2826 movement, but not the same as the one sold by Josh, theirs is eta-2824 watch"

in light of all the developements, i want to just confirm what the swiss 2826 was. is it a good movement?

thanks in advance guys

calbears03

Known Member
12/1/07
ohh ohhh..i just searched "2826" and i return nothing but my own post.

hmmmmmm [smilie=violent1.gif]

robc_uk

25/11/06
I found this on pmwf.com in the SandozSingaporeSales section:

SANDOZ Singapore ETA Movements:
All ETA Movements 2824-2 and 2834-2 and 2836-3 are very similar and all based on the robust and reliable workhorse Caliber 2824.

Hope it helps

Rob

calbears03

Known Member
12/1/07
thanks..but that doesnt answer what swiss 2826 is..

notice the dealer didnt put ETA there..

i just wanna make sure before i buy

anyone else want to chime in?

robc_uk

25/11/06
I don't think there are many true Swiss movements in this game .
The site was talking about Singaporean ETA movements. I suppose these are replicas or copies of genuine ETA movements.

Rob

gillorin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/06
Probably a typo- he most likely meant 2836. That is the movement used in the 45.5mm version prior to the "ultimate". There ARE other sellers that carry the very same 45.5 PO that Josh and Andrew sell- just look around :)
Hope this helps.

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
If my memory serve me right there's only 2 movement inside the 45mm U.PO, either a Swiss ETA 2824 or Asian Copy movement (some calle d it the "lite" version)

I read somewhere that not all u.PO come from one place so more homework may needed to find a good one.

good luck

calbears03

Known Member
12/1/07
after a little investigation by myself, it looks like it SHOULD be an ETA swiss movement

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12847

the dealer makes this statement in the thread along with other verfiying the quality of this rep.

These 45MM Planent Ocean are made with swiss ETA-2836, and we have sold many of them. We would like to sponsor a test of the movement. From the buyers of our 45MM PO, the members here got select one or two, to ship the watches to a honest third party watchsmith for testing. We pay for all the cost. But we need members here to select a third party to arrange the whole process to ensure the fairness.

im convinced, you guys can decide on your own

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
I looked at thread as well as the pic in silix's site, the movement could be swiss eta like they claimed (if not, I don't think they will make such statement on here) however, when I compare my u.PO (swiss eta from Josh) to theirs... I can see a few different in between 2, the most noticeable different is the shorter hand on Silix's, the rest is pretty much like what bytor pointed out on the first page.