• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swiss 2824 interchangeable with A2824?

dragonman4

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/13
Big Apple
Hey all,

I have VSF Omega 300 that has the deco 8800 and my toddler decided to throw the watch around on the ground while I wasn't paying attention so it's running extremely slow now. I've tried to regulate it but nothing seems to work so was wondering if I could just swap it out with a swiss 2824 and maybe find a way to keep the deco plates? Maybe worst case swap individual parts?

Has anyone tried this? Search seems to not turn anything up though I may be using the wrong search terms.

Would appreciate any feedback or insights. Thanks all!

j-unit

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/3/23
CH🇨🇭GER 🇩🇪
It should be a direct swap. The decoration plate is hold by screws on the dial side, so it will take some time to (dis)assemble it and the heavy decorated rep rotor is quite loud.

Reactions: dragonman4

dragonman4

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/13
Big Apple
It should be a direct swap. The decoration plate is hold by screws on the dial side, so it will take some time to (dis)assemble it and the heavy decorated rep rotor is quite loud.

You sir, are the man!

Now I just need to find one and also see if there's any way to source a black balance wheel to swap in haha