• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swapping clone 2824-2 movement for Gen: DJ41

Soulcalibre

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
16/8/19
England
Grateful for opinions on how likely it is that I can use a) the rep datewheel and b) the stem from the clone to install on the gen

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You might want to be more specific on what exactly you're trying to do. Are you wanting to know if you can install a genuine dial on the clone movement? Are you trying to install a genuine date wheel on the Asian 2824?

Soulcalibre

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
16/8/19
England
You might want to be more specific on what exactly you're trying to do. Are you wanting to know if you can install a genuine dial on the clone movement? Are you trying to install a genuine date wheel on the Asian 2824?
I’ve got a gen ETA 2824-2 movement to replace the clone 2824-2 as the clone movement has failed. I would like to use the date wheel and stem from the clone in the gen if possible as I would like to avoid shenanigans with swapping the crown over and pissing about with date wheel overlays etc, reckon I might be lucky with the date wheel but not sure about the stem

Last edited:

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Stem is cross-compatible for A2824-2 Asian clone and swiss ETA 2824-2.

The date disc should also be cross-compatible, but double-check the dates can flip after swapping (I have encountered a rare situation where the date discs cannot be swapped over, due to minor tolerance differences)