• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swap question, dial date window from 2813 to 2836

DJTony82

Known Member
Certified
24/5/21
EU
Hi everyone, I hope it is not a topic already covered previously, and that I am in the right section, but I have browsed all the 44 pages of the forum but I have not found anything specific. I plan to switch on my Submariner replica which currently mounts dg2183 to a 2836 movement which has a higher beat, 28800 A / H, I ask you which 2836 clone movement can do for me (I have read about the Seagull ST2146, ST2100 or there are there other alternatives?). I have therefore read that the two movements are interchangeable but my biggest concern is that the dial I currently have the date window does not correspond perfectly to the 2836 and therefore does not fit and has a disgusting aesthetic effect, I know that the feet will not be compatible and I'm also ready to change the dial, I found on ebay dials with date window compatible with 2813 and 2836 with feet that can be cut, elsewhere on the internet you can find photos showing that the dials have the date which fits perfectly with 2813 or miyota 8215 while it is a bit offset with 2836 and honestly I cannot understand and I am afraid of finding myself with a movement that then does not fit well in the date hole of the dial. Then I think I am not very practical with gluing a date wheel on the one already present to overcome any problem. Also I saw that it will take new hands and I hope the stem will fit as I think there is little difference in stem height between 2813 and 2836 right? Ultimately my biggest concern is with the date window. Does it just solve with a date wheel overlay? Or is it just my concern and the 2836 fits nicely with the compatible dials 2813-2836 that are on ebay? I put you the link of the ebay dial to which I refer: https://www.ebay.it/itm/353441973021?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 I hope someone can help me unravel my doubt that is gripping me.