• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

crazy rep car site

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
i've tried to find some evidence of someone actually buying a car off these guys and nothing. not a single shred of evidence that one even exists. the more you look into that site the bigger scam it becomes.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
i've tried to find some evidence of someone actually buying a car off these guys and nothing. not a single shred of evidence that one even exists. the more you look into that site the bigger scam it becomes.

Yep, me too....

I even found a doctored video where they've voice-overed steven spielbergs voice to make it sound like he endorses their products...

Weird.... You'd think they'd be shut down by now having been running now for a number of years... :S

ilikewatches99

Horology Curious
7/11/11
I doubt anyone posts to mainstream forums or on their blog "look at my new fake feeearrie". Anyone who buys one of these keeps it quiet and lets people assume it is genuine. If anyone presses he just says it is a hybrid which means it can be worked on at any garage...etc.

I think it would be cool to have the ferrari or lambo just to play with. If you put a caddy engine in it and maybe a supercharger it would be just as much fun to drive and for a daily driver be better than the original plus save 100G or more.

It is the same argument as buying a rep. Why pay $400 for a rep, then $600 for franken parts when you could buy a used gen for $3000. Why buy a rep/franken car for $30k when you could buy a used gen for $50k with 50k miles on it(which is worn out for a ferrari/lambo), that requires expensive parts when it breaks(and they do break), that requires you to go to a special overpriced service shop, that requires special tools, etc etc.

If I had 30k to blow and could see the car before I bought it, that sounds like it would be fun thing to play with for a while anyway. If anyone asks if it is real, just say it is a hybrid because that is true, the body and interior is real(from what I got from the videos mostly real anyway).

I also saw an electric ferrari. I would really like to try that one out. I have been looking for a good electric sportscar. Somehow I am not sure that one will qualify but it would be fun to try it out.

PS: I have driven a real lambo and ferrari 430 plus others, hard and fast. They handle well but as for power, my modded vette has more power.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=printview&t=6265&start=30

Seems like they're very, VERY thorough....

One guy claims they even 'Analise' something or other on the cars..... Wow - that's disgusting!

If I had 30k to blow and could see the car before I bought it, that sounds like it would be fun thing to play with for a while anyway. If anyone asks if it is real, just say it is a hybrid because that is true, the body and interior is real(from what I got from the videos mostly real anyway).

Okay.... Well, when you do (blow that 30 grand) post back to let us know how you go.... :)

Also - real body parts? Lol.... No....

Some of the legit builders mold off the real thing, but they're far from OEM....

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
http://www.kitcars.com/classifieds/adcategory.asp?AID=20&SID=753086489

http://lamborghinireplica.com/ForSale/For Sale.htm

I've never seriously considered a replica car (although some of them kinda look cool).

I have considered finding a 348 or 355 that has had the original motor replaced with a chevy v-8 just for cost issues. My mechanic here put a v-8 in a older Farrari (I can't remember the model) because the engine needed to be replaced and the owner wanted to keep the current and future costs down - it came out great.

If I were going to get something like that, I'd probably buy a real one that someone already put an american engine into (I just couldn't spend what is required to maintain a factory one - a friend of mine has a 430 that costs an arm and leg to service).

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Ok, lemme clear some stuff up here, supereplicas, hugely inaccurate cars sometimes.
They do not mold from original panels, so their panels are their best try.

Lamborghini Murcielago replica, Ferrari 355 replica, Ferrari 360 replica, Ferrari 430 replica, Mercedes AMG DTM replica, RS Focus replica, MR2 bodykits, Peugeot 406 bodykits

That is the website I prefer the most out of the ones I have searched because of positive reviews and the fact that they mold from the original car.

I also really like Hawk Cars because of their Lancia Strotos, also molded from the original car.

Hawk Cars - manufacturers of the 289, 427 and HF Series

Celt

Renowned Member
12/4/10
À few months back I found a forum where a British person ordered 2 cars and never had them. It was a 20 pages thread. I'm on my iPhone right now so I won't be able to find the link right now but I will try to post it later.