• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SW200 manual wind stuck

red weasel

Horology Curious
12/1/12
I have an Invicta 9937OB with a Sellita SW200 movement that has really been great over the past couple years as my daily beater, but the other night the manual winding function bound up and now it won't budge.

I didn't feel any resistance while winding it, so I'm not sure what happened. The watch has since run out of power and still won't wind. If I wear it and wind with the rotor by shaking my wrist, the movement starts up again but the crown is jammed from rotating when pushed in all the way (not in date or time setting mode). The crown pulls in and out just fine, and can still adjust the date and the time (2 and 3 position) but won't turn to wind in the 1st position. It will spin freely in the reverse counter-clockwise rotation.

Does anyone have any idea how to remedy this? I'd prefer not to send back to the dealer if possible, because that usually is a nightmare. The watch is about 3 years old and keeps fantastic time for an ETA rep. I have no watch repair experience either. I really love this watch and would love to get it running right again!

Thanks in advance!

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
I had a similar problem with a manual wind. Sent it to Katt, it was a keyless issue I believe.

red weasel

Horology Curious
12/1/12
I had a similar problem with a manual wind. Sent it to Katt, it was a keyless issue I believe.

Thanks my friend, I will see about that. I was really bummed because this watch gets a TON of compliments and it really does keep good time (+6 sec a day). It's funny that the exact day that I bought my first rep here it decided to break. I didn't know watches could get jealous!