• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SW200-1 Date not changing fully

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

Damn, my first problem with a Swiss movement.

The date on my sw200-1 doesn't change completely, it seems to go about 80% of the way at midnight, then seems to need a little nudge by pulling the crown out to dateset and giving a tiny turn. If I don't do this, then the date doesn't move at all at the next midnight.

Also, when I set the date using the crown, I notice that there are two audible and visible clicks as it transitions to each date, while my other watches have just one per date.

I've searched and discovered that the sw200 from a couple of years ago had an issue where manually winding the watch would screw up the ratchet wheel on the movement, and that this was supposedly fixed with the sw200-1 movement. Is this the problem I'm experiencing now?

D

d4m.test

Sorry guys, I did not even notice the Sellita sub forum. Can one of the mods move this thread over there?

Also, I have manually wound my watch on a few occasions, probably 5 times or so. I tend to wear my watches for a week at a time each lately, so I just do the initial wind up and let the rotor take care of the rest.

D

d4m.test

Damn, it's not doing it while I'm wearing the watch. When the watch goes past midnight naturally, no problem. When I'm using the crown to set the time past midnight, the problem occurs.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
I have a similar problem with asian 2824 movement.
The crown works fine in all three positions - I can set time, change the date and wind the movement. But when I turn the crown in a time set position just to go past midnight the date wheel don't go. Sometimes, after a little slap it works ok. But everytime after I set the date manually it becomes just as big_raji described.
Any ideas?