• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superocean ii GF bezel number thickness

Cloudzex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/20
Victoria
Hello all,

Just got a pic from a vendor for my GF superocean ii 44, and the number on the bezel is much thinner when compared to gen.

I wonder if this is normal for this model or if should I ask for another one.

Thanks

GEN:

GF:

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
The first gf models had the thicker number however both watches I have had in the past had the smaller numbers. You will receive the exact same watch if you try to order again. It also looks like this one may have a slightly different ar on the crystal aalso. Gf had the best anti reflective coating on their crystals but in newer releases they all seem to be different. There are more gf watches comming with worse ar.

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
Different batches from the factory. I can tell just by looking that the ar is not the same as I had. Could be the angle but don't think so. There were only a few gf watches with the correct bezel. This is one I had a while back. It was great but I always noticed the bezel numbers being thinner.

3YgQFk.jpg

Cloudzex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/20
Victoria
Why would the next watch be any different ?
Because it's another watch?

There are GF models which have the bezel with the correct numbers based on the images posted by other forum members. This might or might not be an one-off issue.