• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sunnydale PO crystal installed!

mrjohan

Known Member
23/10/11
Got my super AR sunnydale PO crystal last week.
Today I finally got my crystal press, so the work could begin!

Huge difference in reflection. I always thougt the rep crystal AR was pretty good, but a little to blue in certain lights (mostly outside). I was wrong. The sunnydale crystal is the good, no great, one!

8362003978_794de39960_o.jpg

Very easy to pop the original crystal out of the case with the crystal press. I think it would be pretty easy to get out with my thumb as well.

8362003824_c59c9819b9_o.jpg

Got a green crystal gasket in my PO (the rep use to be white). Did Wiz change it during his waterproofing, perhaps?

8362003766_8564f97962_o.jpg

Easy swap! Pretty easy to press the crystal back into the case. Not much force used on the crystal press (should it be this easy?).

8360941233_c038f2ef8d_o.jpg

Wrist shot!

8360941631_7dd4d2c1b4_o.jpg

Thanks, sunnydale, for an excellent crystal! It's a HUGE difference in real life compared to the standard rep crystal. Almost no reflections and only a very light blue tint in some lights. Very impressed!

Haven't had the opportunity to try it out in daylight yet. Will take a few pictures outside tomorrow.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Lookin' good! :thumbsup:

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
That last picture looks awesome. Can't wait for mine but there's no change in my tracking for over a week.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I've had this replacement crystal with correct AR for about a year and just haven't gotten around to getting it installed. Yours looks awesome! --- which makes me want to finaly get mine done.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Just stunning!!!!!!! You have better skills or camera than I have, great sharp pictures that show the difference JUST like it is! I am so happy! Maybe a gen bezel still and it would be perfect? ;)

About the installation, I tested about 20 crystals out of 114 how they fit the watch and noticed they all were a bit tad tighter to pop out with fingers than the original rep crystal. So they should be just fine!

I've had this replacement crystal with correct AR for about a year and just haven't gotten around to getting it installed. Yours looks awesome! --- which makes me want to finaly get mine done.

I think you have the older UPO crystal, I have only delivered these for a week :) Still, it is a very good upgrade to your UPO!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Looks fantastic, really superb, thanks for the feedback and pics. Can't wait for mine, ...similar to kbh my crystals are in the country, about 100 miles away, stuck in some postal depot waiting for the mail workers to get off their ass and do some work. Hopefully tomorrow :)

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
mrjohan, which movement version do you have? Does your PO have the gen dial and hands?

Anyway - the final effect is just great!

mrjohan

Known Member
23/10/11
Thanks all!

The PO is all "original rep" except the crystal. Asian 2824-2.

mrjohan

Known Member
23/10/11
I've wore it outside this morning.
Wow! That's a fantastic improvement!! No more "blue dial" when I'm outside in daylight.

The dial pops out and looks so much better now. I think this is the best upgrade you can do on a PO to make it look even more gen-like.

Very satisfied!

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
What a great upgrade, the crystal really 'makes' a PO rep.

And sunnydale is a great guy to deal with too!

-OW

sunnydale

29/8/09
I've wore it outside this morning.
Wow! That's a fantastic improvement!! No more "blue dial" when I'm outside in daylight.

The dial pops out and looks so much better now. I think this is the best upgrade you can do on a PO to make it look even more gen-like.

Very satisfied!

Glad you still like it :)

What a great upgrade, the crystal really 'makes' a PO rep.

And sunnydale is a great guy to deal with too!

-OW

Thanks OW, same to you!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
For those who have received them, particularly in USA, has the tracking been any good. Mine has been stuck in Hel (Helsinki) for 9 days without any change.

sunnydale

29/8/09
For those who have received them, particularly in USA, has the tracking been any good. Mine has been stuck in Hel (Helsinki) for 9 days without any change.

I think the tracking stops in many countries when the item leaves Helsinki. There might be update like "arrived at the destination country" or similar. Remember that 14 days to US is normal. I have sent at least 100 crystals and only one was lost and arrived back to Finland after 2 months of travelling (receiver was not found). Maybe we should use another thread for these matters :)

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm a little paranoid since the last order from Israel disappeared right after arriving in US. That was over 3 months ago.

I was just curious as to whether or not others had gotten updates from USPO tracking after it reached the US. No big deal. I'm sure it'll show up