• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sunnydale crystal on UPO 4th Gen

tracyl

22/4/11
I have a UPO 4th gen with happy feet and a 2834-2 movement in it, and just by laying the sunny crystal on it looks like it won't fit. Has anyone tried this already? Before I pop the crystal out and check, just wanted to see if anyone else had a problem. In the pic below I have the crystal scooted all the way to the left edge.
View attachment 11115
Tracy

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I have a UPO 4th gen with happy feet and a 2834-2 movement in it, and just by laying the sunny crystal on it looks like it won't fit. Has anyone tried this already? Before I pop the crystal out and check, just wanted to see if anyone else had a problem. In the pic below I have the crystal scooted all the way to the left edge.
View attachment 11115
Tracy

Make sure your watch is not j21 model because it has a bigger crystal than UPO has. Secondly, I am not sure about the versions, but maybe older versions don't take a genuine crystal?

I am 100 % sure it will fit if your watch takes a genuine crystal too :) Too many have installed already.

tracyl

22/4/11
I was thinking that maybe it was a transplant into a 21j case. Don't know how old it is though. It is really amazing when I put it on the timegrapher. .1ms error is pretty amazing and has to be Swiss.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The PO that is referred to as 4th generation was a 42mm. A UPO is the 45.5mm version. I've never heard of a 4th gen UPO.

tracyl

22/4/11
Ok, maybe my terminology is off. A better way of saying it is a 45.5 Planet Ocean with happy feet, but with a Swiss 2834-2 movement in it. Anyone ever tried one of sunnydales crystal in it?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
If it's got the HE valve in the wrong location (directly over the 10), it's not the actual UPO, just an earlier model and it's quite probable that the crystal won't fit it.