• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sub no date - Clean or VSF

SamboMambo

S M E S H
15/11/23
For some reason the Clean dials look more like Gen to me (I'm big on dials and bezel inserts) . Won't really know until I finally get one in-hand though

Reactions: Hovisbap

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
There is an 114060 Clean model with VSF 3130 movement and ARF Bracelet wich would be the ultimate no date version :)
I’d like to grab one of those up. Who has them or do you have a link? Thanks

Reactions: Blangaz1

sdre1982

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/21
I have a clean 114060, however the numbering on the bezel seems to be dull/faded.

Is VSF 124060/114060 better in terms of the color/numbering on the bezel?

Reactions: Zeta7

Shamfitch

Garmin- Sleep and Rolex- Awake
Supporter
Certified
27/1/24
Tennessee
I picked up a gently used clean 114060 for $300 this weekend, my first No date. I wanted to try it out before I commit to a new VSF. Sounds like a Clean 114060 will at least be close enough to Gen for me to make a decision on Date vs No Date:)

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I have a clean 114060, however the numbering on the bezel seems to be dull/faded.

Is VSF 124060/114060 better in terms of the color/numbering on the bezel?

Your numbering is probably just dirty and needs a little soap and water. The numbering is cut into the bezel and it picks up oil, skin and crud from everywhere. I use a brush on mine from time to time and it gets most of my crud out.
There might be a difference in the coloring but I think they’re the same in everything but the size.

Reactions: Reaps

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Can you please tell me more about the floating m, just so I know what I’m looking out for.

IMO you are way overthinking this and going down the rabbit hole of "tells" that only the most discerning eye would see at about three inches from your watch.

Get a VSF for a CLEAN from a TD and I promise you will love it. NO ONE but about .0001% of the population would be able it is not a gen watch- and even those guys need to be a foot away or less.

enjoy and post pics once received.

sdre1982

20/11/21
Your numbering is probably just dirty and needs a little soap and water. The numbering is cut into the bezel and it picks up oil, skin and crud from everywhere. I use a brush on mine from time to time and it gets most of my crud out.
There might be a difference in the coloring but I think they’re the same in everything but the size.
Thanks for the tip. It's strange because I rarely wore the watch out, maybe 3-4 times? After which its in my watchbox... and I have to add that my Clean 114060 is maybe 1.5 years old? so its not the most updated version; wonder if the new versions, the bezels are better ? (in terms of numbers color/clarity)

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Thanks for the tip. It's strange because I rarely wore the watch out, maybe 3-4 times? After which its in my watchbox... and I have to add that my Clean 114060 is maybe 1.5 years old? so its not the most updated version; wonder if the new versions, the bezels are better ? (in terms of numbers color/clarity)
I know they changed the GMT and made improvements so they might have done something with the submariner.

Blangaz1

16/2/24
I’d like to grab one of those up. Who has them or do you have a link? Thanks
I’m brand new to this and this site has been a gift to me, and the info on here is so helpful and detailed. So for my first rep purchase I’m going for this too. Sound like a great combo, Clean with 3130. Thanks everyone.