• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Styling

SkyMonkey

Do not accept unsolicited offers
24/9/24
I wasn't sure where to post this so apologies if in the wrong section. Touches on watches but against styling, didn't seem to fit in general watch discussion.

Please someone reassure me I'm not odd in stying what I wear clothes wise to what I wear on my wrist!

I have no idea where this comes from, I don't think it's something I have been taught, but I have this notion that a gentleman should match shoes, belts and watches. For example:

Brown leather shoes, brown leather belt, brown leather watch strap.
Repeat for black

This can be taken further to matching a watch face to shirt colour, or the case to jewellery (gold/silver/steel).

End result is that I seem to have a fair few watches but still feel like I need more to match other styles. Need a bigger watch case! Watch straps have equally become a more frequently purchased item nowadays as well though it's not as convenient to change a strap then to have another watch styled ready to go.

Anyway, wondering if this is common amongst watch collectors?

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
There's a few, if you go to the eyecandy you'll see some examples. @johnlogan is one, very nice combinations.