• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stripped UPO crown, replacement tube?

Masticore

21/4/06
Ok, so finaly the crown on my ultimate po stripped, and I must say that I have been very very careful every time when screwing in and out the crown, making sure to never cross thread it. But alas, it stripped anyway.

I have searched for solutions on the forum, and the quickest seems to shorten the steam, wich doesn't sound to hard, but at the same time you loose the water resistence. So, I guess the other alternative is to replace the tube, but I have no clue which tools are needed, and how you do it. I guess the dealer can supply a crown tube, but if he can't from where can I get one?

So, whats the best solution for fixing a stripped tube on the ultimate?

Masticore

21/4/06
takashi said:
Replace with genuine tube and crown :p

yammy! Where do i get those, at ofreis? And how much are those? Do you know the product code?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
yup. Ofrei will do the trick. Just mention caseback number 168.1650, they will get back to you ASAP. I think both will cost you less than 40USD. Just that you have to wait. Get an ETA 2824-2 crown stem too... You may need it.

Cheepsk8

Looking Around
17/1/09
Same thing just happened to my UPO and its only a few weeks old. Please post on how your repair goes, good luck!