• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap suggestions for GT MMXL chrono white face

aurrian

Known Member
22/1/14
Glasgow Scotland
Hi

I am delighted with my new GTXL Chrono Silver case and white dial.

It's on the rep tyre rubber strap with deployment clasp.

I love the deployment clasp, but not so keen on the rubber strap, and am thinking i'd like to have an alternative leather strap in thick black leather with white or red stitching, or even a racing strap.

The lug size is odd though at 23mm, and it seems as if the deployment end is about 21 or 22.

I would like it best if i could re-use the clasp with the replacement strap as i think it adds to the genuine feel.

I have read that it's possible to use 24mm straps or 22mm - but would like to be sure it would fit and look good.

I am aware there is the option to get a custom made strap, but wondering if anyone has found a good value pre-made strap that fits and also fits the deployment clasp?

With photos if possible!!

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Strap size is 23/22. You could also try and squezze in it a 24/22. As long as your strap is 22 at the buckle you will be able to use the rep one.
Hope it helps :)

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
The one with holes seems pretty nice, good luck :)

aurrian

Known Member
22/1/14
Glasgow Scotland
Well, I tried twice to post some pics of the new straps - said they would be checked by a moderator, but don't seem to have been posted.

Anyway - the black and red rally strap looks best, but i think a padded strap would look even better.