• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap options on 42mm PO

MartyNC

Known Member
22/9/09
What are the different offerings for straps and such on the 42.5 PO? I have a first gen PO and I never could get the rubber strap to fit right. Purchased in 08 and still faithfully running like the day it was recieved.

Does anyone make a 20mm rep of the rubber strap anymore?

What other options are out there, and opinions?

THanks, Marty

kmac

2/2/09
Narikka does and most of the dealers selling straps, there is a great 20mm strap on eBay with the Seamaster imprinting on the underside for $34 take a look and I'll see if I can find it. A lot around here have got it.

MartyNC

Known Member
22/9/09
Niceeeee. Any difficulties mounting the strap, ie bending the springbar, etc.?

I noticed that my PO has two sets of lug holes drilled. Perhaps that is the reason, one for rubber and one for the bracelet

tracyl

22/4/11
How about a 20mm isofrane. You can get one here: http://isofrane.com/
They are expensive, but I heard a lot of good things about them, and they look good too.
T.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Have you tried the "bend-up" rubber strap install method?

+1 on the Isofrane. I have a TimeFactors 20mm retro rubber coming shortly. I'll update my thread on it when it arrives. :)

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Niceeeee. Any difficulties mounting the strap, ie bending the springbar, etc.?

I noticed that my PO has two sets of lug holes drilled. Perhaps that is the reason, one for rubber and one for the bracelet

For the ebay rubber the easiest way for you to put it on is at a right angle to the watch and then once spring bars are in fold the strap down.