• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to buy a Sub 16610, max. 400USD?

icemen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/11
hi guys i hope you can help me, im searching a rolex submariner 16610 for max. 400USD. there are so many dealers out there, but who have the "best replica" of submariners for about 400 bucks? i am really a beginner in this game so it would be nice if you guys can help me not wastin my money :)

thx

PhotoGuy

26/10/11
My advice before tossing any money to any dealer is: pause!

There are dozens, if not hundreds of variables with subs. Movement, pearl, bezel material, bezel color, crystal material, anti reflective coating, Cyclopes, dial, dial color, rehault, lume... The list goes on! I recommend going out and looking for the perfect GEN sub you like THEN shop around for the rep closest to it! A gen sub from 1970 will look NOTHING like a gen sub from 2011.

After that, go search for the black/blue/green/two-tone sub you want and start nitpicking the flaws you are willing to live with. In the end, you may save yourself $100-200 just because of minor flaws you will never notice. Doing all this work found me a few amazing watches... that aren't subs!

Footnote: if the words bezel, dial, and rehault mean nothing to you, take some time to learn about them. Also learn about the movement options.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Here is my suggestion.....always choose a dealer not a watch.

Also I agree with what was already said...here is my deal.

Instead of jonesing for THE BEST get the version you can live with, choose a movement like a 21j or am a2836 Asian Clone....the prices are way less, the performace is darn close and then you can,

Get a watch faster with less ass whipping,
Read while you wear a Sub and search for that Holy Grail replica
and last but not least make SURE you really want to GET that high dollar sub rep. You may stumble across something else that really grabs you. I have spent thousands on reps in my years and I wear a $100 Noob submariner that I think is just great...

Many fantastic modded build come up for sale often here...the man rsh build amazing watches...

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
For that price search for the member rsh in here...Or take a noob sub for only 150$..You cannot tell the diference...
p.s.
First post,who has the best sub question...Haven't see that coming...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
First up, welcome to RWI.

Now, what txrob said is very sound advice. Don't waste your bucks, buy a noobmariner with an Asin clone 2836 movement. This will be under 200 bucks and you will be happy, trust me. You do not need to spend more than that on a 16610. This is a better watch and closer to gen than the 600 dollar ones on the many scam sites.

Hell, some asshat posted one over at TRF (The Rolex Forum) and it took a guy from here to tell them it was a fake. It took him a couple of days to convince them so if the experts can't tell the difference what more do you want?

Most above are giving you the same advice and collectively there is some 40+ years of collecting reps up there so it's good advice. txrob owned a gen 16610 and the noob is good enough for him.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
+1 on the welcome!
And +1 on the Noob Sub. It's a solid watch and you'd have to take it off your wrist and hand it over for close inspection for most Rolex "experts" to be able to call it out.
On your wrist while moving around normally and at a normal distance (i.e. - not standing next to a midget Rolex expert in a crowded elevator), only maybe a dozen guys in the world could tell its a rep. And they're all members here - so no worries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icemen

24/12/11
hi guys thx for all the answers, awesome.

i had contact with rsh but he´s located in the us so he told he can give me no guarantee shipping to germany, because every packet which not comes form the EU will checked.

i ve got an offer for a submariner MBW for 375bugs include shipping to germany. what do you think?

where can i get a noobmariner, i know narikaa has one but only with the wrong rehaut engraving!

regards

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Every dealer has one mate. MarvellousReplica and others offer transhipping via the UK for sending to Germany. I would not worry too much about rehaut engraving mate, if anyone picks up on that they are so far inside your personal space it's time to clock them one.

A little illustration why by Fakemaster:

TheRealWorld.jpg

giobo

6/5/10
Mate this iceman is a pain...I am trying over in rg to give him the same advice like for ages and he changes his mind lke every minute..Classic..Also the same with the noobs..Getting the best advice and in the end they get whatever......Get a noob man..Since you cannot get the tw get the noob ....Have told you like a thousand times that mbw 16610 is not worth the money...GET A NOOB SUB!!!The best you can buy..
p.s.
I have a different nickname over in rg..
Search for DarthAlex and sneed12 in here..Really good modders!!!

icemen

24/12/11
@giobo then tell me where to buy that noob

-narikaa is sold out
-mavoulus cant give me guarantee shipping to germany (customs problems)

anything else??

giobo

6/5/10
Darth alex,Sneed12,Puretime,Perfect clones...Man i don't wanna advertise...
You are too afraid...I can understand since it is your first purchase....Also i have showed you another for t4d...
Do some research...If you find 1:1 perfect sub,with the gen completelly bla bla bla disected for 300 within shipping in eu,i will buy ten pieces...

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Just shoot bklm1234 a PM and get his latest BK TW 16610 for just north of 600.00
If the 16610 is your taste, you're going to end up wanting better than the Noob before it's all said and done. Not to say that the Noob "isn't" a good rep 16610...it's actually the best bang for your buck available anywhere...IMO. Go with the BK TW...that way you can always mod it with all the gen parts you care to afford along the way...and can always sell it if need be. The Noob is good but there's only so much you can do with one...and member "rsh" IS the forum authority where Noob version modding is concerned. Enjoy.

giobo

6/5/10
Just shoot bklm1234 a PM and get his latest BK TW 16610 for just north of 600.00
If the 16610 is your taste, you're going to end up wanting better than the Noob before it's all said and done. Not to say that the Noob "isn't" a good rep 16610...it's actually the best bang for your buck available anywhere...IMO. Go with the BK TW...that way you can always mod it with all the gen parts you care to afford along the way...and can always sell it if need be. The Noob is good but there's only so much you can do with one...and member "rsh" IS the forum authority where Noob version modding is concerned. Enjoy.

Or you can spend some more and buy a franken wm9 for 1000$...Even some more and with 4500$ you can go gen!!!
Mate i don't want to be ironic but he has a limit of 400$..The bk's is like 660+28$ for shipping and needs some job to be done...Great quality though and of course the best Sub!!For his thoughts though i would go with a noob..Either stock or modded..For example DarthAlex i told you can help a lot since Rsh is in US...
I know all the guys wanna help him,they have given some great advice!!!So he can do his research and in the end he will buy the mbw because it is more expensive and the dealer will say,that it is the best ...

rsh

3/4/10

No and that is an ugly 16610

Just get this one from Mark. $187 for swiss (confirmed) ETA Noobmariner - best deal on the net lol

http://timeshops.net/6417-rwi-promo...iner-black-ss-noobfactory-swiss-eta-2836.html

Agreed with Alex, this will be the best out of the box in your price range. I love that as a base for modding, but like we discussed in a PM, if customs are strict from anywhere but EU, just order one from timeshops as in the link above, I believe they guarantee delivery

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Just get this one from Mark. $187 for swiss (confirmed) ETA Noobmariner - best deal on the net lol

http://timeshops.net/6417-rwi-promotionro6524-rolex-submariner-black-ss-noobfactory-swiss-eta-2836

No and that is an ugly 16610

Agreed with Alex, this will be the best out of the box in your price range. I love that as a base for modding, but like we discussed in a PM, if customs are strict from anywhere but EU, just order one from timeshops as in the link above, I believe they guarantee delivery

The SB you are recommending is with "Swiss" ETA. We all know this question, Therefore is cheaper and with less risk go to A2836

So, you could buy this:

http://timeshops.net/6416-rwi-promotionro6524-rolex-submariner-black-ss-noobfactory-asian-copy-2836-

And you will save 67$ more

The best absolute deal

The problem is that Timeshop doesn't have the triangle shipmente via UK
Consult Marvellous with this link because it can get the watch for you and makes triangle shipment UK without problems.

icemen

24/12/11
ok guys thx a lot, i ve wrote mark, now i wait of his answer and i hope he can send to germany :) otherwise i will annoy you again :)

giobo

6/5/10
T4D in the trusted dealers ships from uk if i am right..He has another decent for 180$ sub..Good luck and chill out!