• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap/Buckle Questions

lateforwork

Horology Curious
18/4/10
I have never modded the strap on a watch before, and I'm wondering about a few things. I want to switch from a rep bracelet to a croc strap from one of the dealers, would i be able to add a deployment buckle to the strap? Or does the strap and the buckle have to be exclusive? Are there any places to get a nice omega deployment for cheap? I see them going for a few hundred on ebay, which is way too much for me...are there any rep buckles? Also, what is the best way to measure what size strap I will need? thanks in advance

borntoraisehogs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/10
I bought a rep Omega buckle but the seller wants to protect his Ebay account. They attach to the regular strap but the buckle size must be the same . This 20mm strap tapers to 18mm in this case. Unlike the typical deployment buckle, the buckle half of the strap remains attached to the 12 oclock side of the watch and the buckle closes with the buckle end over the tag end , so you will trim off the keeper loops. Forgive the poor pics. I just took it off my arm to respond.
omegabuckle002.jpg

omegabuckle001.jpg

lateforwork

Horology Curious
18/4/10
Thanks for your help, just a few more things...
what do you mean the 20mm was tapered to fit the 18mm. do you mean the widest parts of the strap is 20mm and it tapers to 18mm at the end, and the buckle is meant to work on 18mm straps, correct?

Also, I can get a custom strap made, so i wouldnt have to cut off the loops, right?