• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stellar work from Belkin12 -Panerai-Sommozzatori

Blackieray

Flâneur
Supporter
Certified
11/12/21
Near the Atlantic
After seeing a build by Belkin12 of a Panerai-Sommozzatori watch, I was taken by the beauty and quality, enough to request the same build. Working with Belkin was easy. He is a consummate professional. He built my watch over a period of a couple of weeks, and then shipped it. A few days over a month door to door.

It is not a small watch. It has great presence and I’m loving wearing it. The finish is superb. A gorgeous chunky blue leather strap,

I’d work with Belkin12 again, without reservation.

Below is a quote from Belkin12 on the initial build:

- 44mm old cartel SS case, reshaped, softened edges. It was completely unassembled so that every part could be appropriately prepared and ceramic-blasted to have a soft matte finish. Improved water-resistance - 80
- Heavily modified CG with custom made flush pin. Heavily modified lever - the tip is thinned and is closer to the midcase compared to a stock lever. Lever moves smoothly, not flimsy. Ceramic-blasted.
- Thinned crown with deepened dish. Ceramic-blasted.
- Thick single-dome crystal. No AR coating (removed).
- Display CB with custom Sommozzatori engravings - 40
- Completely serviced (washed, oiled, re-assembled, regulated) a6497 movement. The Train bridge wheels are radial brushed. The wheels and ratchet screws are re-polished and heat blued - 70
- H3 CP/HW - 20
- Flattened and polished cannon pinion.
- Movement holders made to firmly secure the movement in the case - 20
- Custom made Aegean blue LMP SOMMOZZATORI Polipetto dial. Sunburst pattern. Ultra flat and smooth glossy finish - 110
- Custom made 0.3mm brass backplate. Soldered dial feet for 6497 movement - 30
- brass hands, nickel plated to suit overall look - 30
- White lume with turquoise afterglow.
- Titanium lug tubes - 20
- Custom Aegean blue leather strap. 2 layers, buttery soft. Size is 130mm x 80mm - 50
- 24mm removable buckle, engraved and ceramic-blasted - 40

Please note that this is not a regular factory watch but a custom handmade build with certain deviations from gen and its own peculiarities. Though all the parts and services were done professionally it may still have certain imperfections or specific features. “