• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Steinhart is releasing an in-house movement: the ST.5. What are your thoughts?

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
STEINHART is a continuously growing brand in a steadily expanding market. Therefore we have been working for some time to make ourselves increasingly self-sufficient. A very important step in this direction is the development of our own watch movements, and now we have, with the help of our Swiss partners, succeeded in introducing a new automatic caliber to the market, the STEINHART ST.5.

The ST.5 proudly and fittingly bears the SWISS MADE stamp, as its individual components are made by Swiss companies boasting long experience in the production of movement components. This is a big step forward for the young STEINHART brand, which we proudly highlight with the caliber unique decoration, composed of anthracite galvanized, engraved bridges and the subtly skeletonized gilt rotor. By early 2014 our ST.5 will already be in action, performing its duties in a new STEINHART wristwatch and demonstrating its accuracy and reliability in everyday use.

726505013ST.5_01.jpg

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/steinhart-st5.html

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
I don't think people know what in-house movements are.

Not pointing the finger at you flieger but these companies throw that term around and mislead consumers.

cubicle_monkey

13/10/12
Strange decorations does not make for an in house movement and neither does taking a standard movement and "modifying" it

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
I don't think people know what in-house movements are.

Not pointing the finger at you flieger but these companies throw that term around and mislead consumers.

It's cool, I asked for peoples thoughts, :cheers: So this movement is just an ETA 2824 clone?

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
It's probably Swiss, not a clone. All they do is decorate it a little differently than other companies and add their own flare to it (see rotor).

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
That's a decorated 2824. Disappointing as I was hoping for an in hose movement, I've been long looking to buy a Steinhart

watch_fanatic

Looking Around
9/5/11
To me that may be a rebadged Seagull or Hangzhou movement. Have a look at the shock protection of escape wheel. Reminds you something?

Have a look at this Hangzhou

Hangzhou-6311-ETA-2836-2-Sellita-SW220-Clone-Movement-1.jpg

Now at the Steinhart

726505013ST.5_01.jpg

So we can see that Steinhart is playing tricks with people now that they can not use ETA and want to remain "swiss made" ....