• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Start modding my Speddmaster Date

migueloliveira

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/11
Start modding my Speedmaster Date

Hi everybody, :)

first of all a great 2013 Year to all of you. :)

Now what it bring me here, my Speedmaster project. A year ago I bought a Speedmaster Date Rep in second hand by Silix (no longer available as new from the stores).

Since there, i found several things that are "not good" in the watch, and now i'm going to start to mod it. :) At the moment I do already have the watch disassembled.

What I want to do it's to fit gen parts on it, like the hands (that are "damaged" and have a terrible lume), the dial (also have "damages" and have some missing lumes spots), fit a genuine crown and push buttons. Is this possible? I know that it's a replica watch, but it's possible fit on it all these gen parts?

Other thing that in concerning me it's the glass. Since that I have it, it always look to me very dark, like a smoked glass, and now, without the movement inside it I can more easily see it. Can I do something to have a clear glass?

Now some pics. :)

Here it's the pic when I bought it (you can see that the deal look a little yellow):
DSC01035.jpg

And pics from today :lol:

Like you can see the glass it's more yellow:
DSC07703-1_zps1f8ee8c5.jpg

DSC07704-1_zps4a730e02.jpg

DSC07702-1_zpsb946235a.jpg

DSC07706_zps94526643.jpg

DSC07707-1_zps93e229bc.jpg

The missing loom at 2 o'clock
DSC07710_zps4c518e5f.jpg

And a lot of marks in everything that it's chrome (that's why I want to replace the hands the dial)
DSC07713-1_zps8af8ec33.jpg

Can you please give me some advises? Specialy about the glass. :)

My best regards,
Miguel

sneed12?

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/11
Is the movement an 7750 one? Cause if it is then the dial and hands will be a straight swap.

Only the hour and minute hands are a straight swap from a high-beat A7750 to an ETA 7750. (On the older low-beat version of the A7750, all of the hands swapped with the ETA versions.)

D

d4m.test

Hi guys,

many thanks about your help/reply. :)))

Mr. Pap, I already saw your eBay link some days ago, however that dial it's not the same that I do have (I love my dial). :) I will contact the seller and see if he have more in stock.

About the movement, I do not have any ideia whitch movement is there (I'm a total 0 at this :p), however take a look the next picture:

It's without the pendulum, I remove it:
DSC07716-1_zpsd20b0d9a.jpg

About the glass, it do already have a double AR coat, hoever that yellow concern me. I do not know if the yellow it's a defect from the crystal. But I will contact that user (sunnydale) and see what he recommend. :)

About the crown and push buttons, it's possible fit a genuine ones?

My best regards,
See you next year :),
Miguel

D

d4m.test

Here it is Michelle e-mail about the movement that she send to me when I bought it:
"Pls check the attachment , i can change a new bracelet for it .
It works well ,Asia 7750 movement "

My best regards,
Miguel

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I would love to help with the AR but as I have not yet done any AR runs (and if I do, I need a lot of crystals from members) I would advice to contact Wiz or Domi because they can do single crystal coatings.

To me it looks like that crystal is only one side coated, bluish tint on the other side of the crystal.

Good luck with the project, nice watch!

D

d4m.test

Thank you very much Sunny. I will contact Wiz. :)))

Great 2013 to you,
Best Regards,
Miguel