• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stan Comes Through Again - Ballon Bleu

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
I just picked up the Carier Ballon Bleu from Stan.
Great pricing, shipping is lightspeed, and packaged quite well.
Exactly as seen in photos and described, beautiful piece.
It has been the same story each time I buy from him.
I could not possibly give this guy higher marks.

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
My bad, got hasty and posted up even though I DID know better... heh.
I chose to give it to wifey, because she was there when I unpackaged it and loved it. Alot.
Honestly, I tried it on and it was a bit small on my silverback wrist, but looks good on hers.
She also wears a full size Pasha and other ~40mm watches.

A couple quick shots in the kitchen...
BallonBleu2.jpg

BallonBleu.jpg

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
That watch looks great.. is it auto or quartz? If there's a gen in that size, SS, and same type movement I'm contacting Stan asap...

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
From WBK sales thread:

"Case is 42mm not including the crown and lugs.
It has an Asian 21J automatic movement
Mineral crystal
It has a full stainless steel bracelet with a locking deployant clasp. "

It's the men's size of the original - I believe the gen is also 42mm.
Go here:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44276

You can't see it from my hurried pics but the cabochon is there, hidden from view by the crown protector and the angle of the shot.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
swissaddict said:
That watch looks great.. is it auto or quartz? If there's a gen in that size, SS, and same type movement I'm contacting Stan asap...

Gen size is 42mm and there's also a mid-size in 38mm I think, it comes in either SS, TT, FG RG or FG YG. Automatic only for the mens and quartz/auto for the ladies model. :p

Be careful with one tiny flaw these tend to have, they have "Beu" spelled on the caseback instead of "Bleu" lol, but with the one WBK carries there's not a problem there, go for it! The Ballon Bleu is an awesome watch! :mrgreen:

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
guanaco, i really want to read what you posted.. i'm sure it's something helpful or interesting.. but i can't stop staring at your avatar......... [smilie=binkybaby.gif]

:wink:

i'm going to have to try on the 42mm and 38mm at the AD again; I tried them a while back but don't recall which fit better. i always liked that cartier, though, so i hope i can get a decent rep of one in the right size.

Timmy!

Known Member
23/9/07
That is a beauty! I think I might need to have one! How is that movement in regards to reliability and accuracy?

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Timmy! said:
That is a beauty! I think I might need to have one! How is that movement in regards to reliability and accuracy?

It's probably a standard A21J [probably 21,600BPH], very reliable and robust. :)

Timmy!

Known Member
23/9/07
guanaco said:
Timmy! said:

It's probably a standard A21J [probably 21,600BPH], very reliable and robust. :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
swissaddict said:
guanaco, i really want to read what you posted.. i'm sure it's something helpful or interesting.. but i can't stop staring at your avatar......... [smilie=binkybaby.gif]

Alright, first it was the bouncing breasticles, and now this.
You make it really tough for a guy to concentrate.
This is the second time I've been forced to comment on this; and by my quote you can see I'm not alone in this sentiment.

Damn fine work!!!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I guess to say something on topic, I have several other watches from Stan with this movement, and nary a problem with any. I've had a couple for more than a year in heavy use, and they just keep going and going...