• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Spring Bars for Omega Planet Ocean 42mm

ck6459

11/9/10
I was wondering if anyone know where to get spring bars for PO, the spring bars on my POrikaa is bent and can barely fit into the lug. Kinda worry that the bracelet will fall off my wrist any time.

Any idea what dimension of spring bars will fit? It seems like 23mm in length, 1.5mm thickness, no idea about the tips.

Btw what is the difference between double flange and single flange spring bar? The price seems to be very different.
Thank you.

ck6459

11/9/10
actually mine is 42mm, but the spring bar looks pretty long.
Any idea what size will be suitable for the 42mm PO? The shipping fee to OZ is crazy...35.5 shipping for spring bars which cost $2
I'm trying to source it from somewhere else.

ehfour

Known Member
6/4/09
Hey CK

for the 42mm PO you will need 20mm springbars

If you need a quick fix, any watch shop should carry generic springbars

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
I just picked up a 42mm Planet Ocean and had a similar spring bar questions. The spring bars that came with it look to be 1.5mm ones. They are super cheap low-grade spring bars. The SELs can also rock back and forth in place because they are so flimsey.

What is the correct size (diameter) spring bar for the PO? Should it be a 1.8mm as previously mentioned in this topic or will a 2.0mm fit?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
2.0mm do not fit my 5GPO or Gen bracelet. The 1.8mm works fine.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
I struggled for 30 minutes last night to install a 1.8mm spring bar. Couldn't get it to catch. Any tips?

I did install a new 1.5mm bar and that did tighten up the loose end link issue I was having. Maybe, I'll just go for some of the Offrei 1.5mm swiss spring bars as a compromise.

Is there anything in the middle between cheap chinese spring bars and the hand made swiss bars that Offrei sells? For example, the ones TC sends with his watch bracelets are very nice quality and I assume Chinese.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
2.0mm fit my 5th gen PO. It's a pain in the ass getting them in but they improve the end link fit a lot.

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
20mm!

I wanted to order also 4 spring bar, but saw that they only sell 10 for 4-5 bucks, if someone order them, please get in touch with me. Gonna buy 4 from you ;-)

Greetings

Gesendet von meinem X10S mit Tapatalk 2

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
Of course it's 20mm for the 42mm PO. I was discussing diameter and there is no clear cut answer. If the lug holes match the bracelet then you can likely go as large as the bracelet will take. If the lug holes don't line up, then the bars will have to be bent so a smaller diameter is in order.