• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Spring bars and rubber strap fitting for UPO

TheCold

15/8/09
Hi there!

In need of some help

I once ordered some "thick" spring bars for my UPO franken. Somehow the spring bars got lost when trying on other straps and I now feel that the ones I have are too small. I forgot which ones are the fat ones :facepalm:, are 1,8mm the regular or considered "thick" so the bracelet sits more snug to the case? I tried to find the post I read somewhere but I didn't find it.

Also I bought a rubber strap and Im having some difficulties mounting it (read that Im not alone on this part). Are there any special spring bars which I can use to not get the gap between the case and the strap when mounted? Would it be a good idea to use curved spring bars like http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-CURVED...014?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3382c1ff6e

Thanks in advance

TheCold

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
1.8mm should fit and make it more snug, 1.5mm have a tendency to make rubber a little looser. Don't use curved spring bars on rubber, puts way to much strain on the end piece, could easily go flying. Good 1.8mm should suit fine, swiss iso standard, can be found in cousins etc.

TheCold

15/8/09
What kind of strap you get? And pic of it?

Got the black rubber strap with curved ends, the best rep there is of it. I dont have any pics of how it looked on as I took it of and the spring bars got broken :/ Can upload if a pic of the strap itself later

TheCold

15/8/09
1.8mm should fit and make it more snug, 1.5mm have a tendency to make rubber a little looser. Don't use curved spring bars on rubber, puts way to much strain on the end piece, could easily go flying. Good 1.8mm should suit fine, swiss iso standard, can be found in cousins etc.

Many thanks! Does it matter if it's single or doubled flanged?

Woody284

24/3/13
Got the black rubber strap with curved ends, the best rep there is of it. I dont have any pics of how it looked on as I took it of and the spring bars got broken :/ Can upload if a pic of the strap itself later

Yea if you could bc I wanna get a black one with orange stitch

TheCold

15/8/09
Also do the GEN omega spring bars fit with the rep bracelet and case?

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
I installed gen. Omega spring bars on my CrPO and they fit just fine.

However, I have the same problem that you do with my UPO. Seems that the holes don't line up. I had to bend the original spring bars to get my gen. Omega strap with curved ends to fit.

I know that a lot of the members have gen. straps on their UPO's. Wonder if they had the same problems that we did?

TheCold

15/8/09
I installed gen. Omega spring bars on my CrPO and they fit just fine.

However, I have the same problem that you do with my UPO. Seems that the holes don't line up. I had to bend the original spring bars to get my gen. Omega strap with curved ends to fit.

I know that a lot of the members have gen. straps on their UPO's. Wonder if they had the same problems that we did?

When the rubber strap is mounted do you have any gap between the strap and the case when you have it on your hand or it's flush with the case?

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
After I got the spring bars bent the strap fit very snug against the case.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I think case spring bar holes can vary a little unfortunately, I once had a gen smp where the lower lugs seemed to be out a little further than the top lugs, when I put on a smp rubber the bottom of the strap was out about a half a mm on the wrist...solved slightly by bending the springbar a tad as well. Go for single flange if you can, they seem to have more solid area than double for insertion/removal. 1.8mm gen should do the job, oem are obviously good too. All the rep PO's ...UPO/42mm should have case springbar holes cuts same as gen, but variances in production can happen sometimes. ..Haven't come across a gen rubber strap not fitting well on the rep POs yet.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
When the rubber strap is mounted do you have any gap between the strap and the case when you have it on your hand or it's flush with the case?

I have that problem. I had used skinny spring bars on my 42 v5. I had to take rubber strap off cause of that gap.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

TheCold

15/8/09
Thanks for all the feedback will order some gen spring bars and try to fit the rubber strap. Read somewhere that the oem spring bars are too short for the rubber strap? anyone have any input regarding this ?

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
yda9y3uz.jpg

I hate that.
When I try to put fatter spring bars in, they won't go through as if they are too fat for the hole. Any remedies?

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

FiSh_23

Horology Curious
23/6/13
Hi i have that same problem of that gap between the strap and case, any ways to solve that?