• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedy Moon Watch

Spoon75

Known Member
22/12/12
Trevor says he can source me this version, hand wind. Before I purchase I want to know if I can swap out the crystal for a gen, if not what version of a domed crystal will it take?

20121023142124_693326.jpg

http://www.watcheden.net/omega-speedmaster-chronograph-lemania-movement-with-black-dial-i-53295-p-1.html

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
I would not count on it. I have not heard of anyone switching out with a gen crystal. You may find a willing watch maker to source a plexi crystal of the same size but I have my doubts that a gen will be a match.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
You can install a domed hesalite crystal on this watch.

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
I have the hand wind moonie, and have a Sternkruze high dome plexi on order from cousnisuk. Plan is to freeze the 6 o'clock register and install the plexi when it arrives. Will post results in a week or two.

Spoon75

Known Member
22/12/12
I have the hand wind moonie, and have a Sternkruze high dome plexi on order from cousnisuk. Plan is to freeze the 6 o'clock register and install the plexi when it arrives. Will post results in a week or two.

That's exactly what I want to do. Let me know how it goes. What size crystal did you order?

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09

Why freeze the 6 o'clock register?

Spoon75

Known Member
22/12/12
You can install a domed hesalite crystal on this watch.

I would prefer the hesalite to the plexi, for sure. I am a noob to mods, any helps as to where I can get one and what size I need for this version of the watch?

Why freeze the 6 o'clock register?

I believe the dial at 6 on the gen is an hour counter for the chrono, on this version it is a 24 hr hand that is always in motion, where as the gen rarely ever moves.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I would prefer the hesalite to the plexi, for sure. I am a noob to mods, any helps as to where I can get one and what size I need for this version of the watch?

I believe the dial at 6 on the gen is an hour counter for the chrono, on this version it is a 24 hr hand that is always in motion, where as the gen rarely ever moves.

Thanks. :cheers:

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
The pic of the special edition has the ST19 movement (handwind). The gen hesalite needs to be glued in, and works just fine (gasket is too big and cannot be used).

dsc00564j.jpg