• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

speedmaster with pull-out crown

miasma

Looking Around
12/3/11
hi all. as the title says, i'm looking for a speedmaster moonwatch manual wind replica with a PULL-OUT crown and not screw-down. i purchased recently from replicamake88, but the watch had a screwdown crown...despite the site saying pull-out. anyone have any suggestions as to where i can purchase?

thanks,

k.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
As with most automatics, the crown will pull out for date and/or time adjustment as well as screw down for water resistance. Manual winds generally do not have a hacking (stops second hand) mechanism but still have at least one "pull out" position to adjust time. When the crown is unscrewed but but not pulled out that would be the winding position for both types of watches.

As the Moonie you refer to has no date, you probably have just one pull out position for time adjustment. You might also consider that the travel when pulled out will be minimal in this case. You will more than likely "feel" it more than hear it or see it. Again, screwing the crown down is for water resistance and would be considered normal with that Speedmaster and a good feature for just about any watch.

Correct me if I am wrong or have misunderstood. Hope that helps. GLWM!!!

houndoggie

16/11/08
Gen speedmaster pro do not have a screw down crown. As said above you can have the stem shortened and the threads stripped.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Gen speedmaster pro do not have a screw down crown. As said above you can have the stem shortened and the threads stripped.

Surprised myself; I didn't know that about one of my favorite watches . Between you and a friend who owns a gen, I stand corrected. Thanks for that, I Iearnt sumthin' today.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

houndoggie

16/11/08
Surprised myself; I didn't know that about one of my favorite watches . Between you and a friend who owns a gen, I stand corrected. Thanks for that, I Iearnt sumthin' today.

I have a gen speedy pro and a gen speedmaster date auto. Neither have screw down crowns.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Excellent!! As you may have read already, I am finally figuring this sh*t out...